My Hair (and look) for Christmas

Christmas is always fun to get dressed up and try to feel pretty. Truth be told- I'm kind of terrible at fashion. I always feel I look weird in everything I try on so I rather focus on my makeup and hair.

I got my roots touched up the week before so they would be all nice and ready for the holiday pictures!

Christmas Eve was on a Tuesday and I washed my hair the Monday before. I always prepare to style 2nd day hair since it looks better than freshly washed. I successfully had nice 2nd and 3rd day hair for Christmas so I was very happy. There was a little bit of frizz, but I think I might have put a wee bit too much product in at once to cause it. Ooopppss

Here are some pics from Christmas Eve:
For my wash day the day prior, I used the Kerastase Cleansing Conditioning Balm to clean followed by a mix of the Living Proof Restore Treatment Mask & Restore Recovery Regimen (i use 1 ampule a week for 4 weeks after coloring) and also mixed in a sample packet of the Kerastase  Reflection Chorma Riche Masque. Style wise I used DevaCurl Heaven in Hair as leave in, Living Proof Prime, Restore Cream, Jessicurl Spiralicious and sealed with pure Argan Oil. I let my hair fully air dry.
i wasn't ready for this pic but Tom snapped it and I liked it

For my second day hair (Christmas Eve as you are seeing in the pics) I used my "special concoction" of products that will make my hair look it's best- shiny, minimum frizz, hold for days and maximum curly wavy definition. I will have to do a video of what I do for this soon. Check out my formula after the next pics...
candid pic of me cracking up
my dachshund Stretch & I
So this is what I do when I want my hair to look it's absolute best. I'll be honest, my hair sometimes feels a bit sticky and not as soft as usual as a result, but it looks great in pictures. I divide my hair in sections- left back, right back, left side, right side, top back, left front and right front. Now for each section first I'll spray a refresher spray (usually Jessicurl Awe Inspiraling Spray or Devacurl Mister Right) then I will take a half to 1 pump of Devacurl Mirror Curls and mix with a nickel size amount of Wondercurl Smoothie and coat the section and scrunch. Repeat throughout the whole head. Once I do all my sections I take Devacurl Set Up & Above (it's pretty much a pomade) and will add some to my ends and the front- this helps to seal and disguise any split ends I have. Finally I use a nice aerosol hairspray for extra hold- my favorites lately have been the Living Proof Flex Hairspray & Devacurl Flexible Hold Hairspray.

close up of Christmas Eve Eye Makeup
I created a sort of gray/silver smokey eye for Christmas Eve- the goal was not to cry it off and it worked. I stopped myself crying a few times (i always miss deceased family members on Christmas) The eyeshadows are from 2 seperate tarte palettes. Liquid Liner is tarte multiply. Bottom waterline is tarte smoldereye pencil in slate. Lashes are tarte lash primer then lights, camera, flashes on top
close up of makeup with flash
I really should have taken the closeup of my face without my flash on. I am still learning. I used tarte BB primer, tarte Amazonian Clay foundation, it Cosmetics byebye undereye concealer, contour with the tarte amazonian clay stick concealer in deep, then I use a bronzer (i rotate), some blush (I used tarte blush in natural beauty) and a finishing powder I made by mixing about 4 brands together. The lipstick is called "show me the ring" by Dalton Cosmetics.



Now Christmas Day was a lot more simple. My hair survived from the day before (I slept with my hair pineappled in a satin bonnet) It felt a bit stiff from all the products in it so I just used a refresher spray again and sprayed very heavily, scrunched and was done.

So here is Christmas Day aka day 3 hair:
candid shot of me opening presents
another candid gift opening shot
My wonderful boyfriend took a bunch of candid shots of me opening my gifts! Little did he realize they would double as good pics to show my hair for the holiday =)


I went very simple with my makeup with the exception of a red lip which I thought was fitting for the holidays. The red is the double ended lipstick and lipgloss by Dalton Cosmetics that was in her irresistible lipstick collection.


So that is basically it. My hair also lasted quite nicely for Day 4, except there was just a little more frizz. I didn't even need refresher spray for it. You can check out my Day 4 and watch my What I Got for Christmas Haul in the video below:

Thanks so much for reading and watching! I Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!


<3 Diane

No comments

Back to Top