Kat Von D Esperanza Palette 5 Looks & Demo

gorgeous packaging
Kat Von D's makeup line at Sephora is incredible. I haven't tried a product from that line I didn't love. Her eyeshadows are at the top of the list so of course when I saw the new Esperanza Palette released for Spring 2014 I knew I had to have it. Esperanza which is Spanish for hope has special meaning to me (well technically the Italian version, sans the E does) but I won't go into that detail.

The packaging is different from past Kat Von D palettes which are usually housed in metal or rubber cases. This one is in cardboard with such a gorgeous colorful design on the front. It is sleek and also perfect for traveling.

no clue why this uploaded on its side
In the palette we find 8 full sized shadows- a mix of brights and pastels, some matte and some glitter but all perfect for the warmer weather which we will hopefully be getting soon (seriously polar vortex- I'm over you.) There is also a shade called "dayglo" which is a tramsformer shade said to change the other shadows when worn over or under. Personally I think the color is a pretty stand alone white with beautiful green iridescence but I didn't notice it really changing the others much.

Another stand out shade for me is "south" which is a matte latte color that almost matches my skin tone exactly and is perfect for under the eyebrow. It reminds me very much of a highlighter by Laura Geller Beauty called "french vanilla" but it is a bit darker.

swatches. again idk why its on its side
For the most part these are top Kat Von D shadow quality- pigmented, blending beautifully, no creasing and wearing all day until they are hit with makeup remover. The more glittery shades (dog roses, santeria and selena) do have some fall out and for whatever reason, sadly the color archangel which is this beyond stunning turquoise doesn't stay as vivid on my eyes as it does in the pan.

So aside from those few setbacks I had so much fun playing with this palette and even though there are "only" 8 shadows I feel I can create such varied and different looks with them. I wound up doing 5 (FIVE!) looks for the demo and tutorial which you can see below and in the video.







THE LOOKS
(all looks below and demoed and explained how to achieve in the video at the bottom)


So below is the first look, a perfect wintery blue and white. I am a big fan of blue eyeshadows despite having blue eyes and this is one of my favorite looks I did. You can also bring the outer crease color (santeria) below the lash line for more color and intensity.
look 1

The second look is a look I am not used to. I usually stick with cooler toned colors but this was fun and different. I don't know why but it kind of reminds me of a western sunset or something.
look 2

Look 3 is another favorite look. The turquoise and purple just went together so nicely. It reminds me of unciorns and mermaids and happiness. That sounds silly I know, but it does! I actually used a shadow as a liner rather than the liquid liner I used for all my other looks with this one.
look 3

I'd like to thank my friend Jaclyn for giving me inspiration and the idea for the next look which is a purple smokey eye. This is a look I brought color under the lower lash line but you can totally bring color under for any of them (the main reason I didn't was because I was doing multiple looks in one day) This is a darker and more intense look- nice for a night out. If the look is too dark for you, you can lighten it up and I show how in my video!
look 4


For the last look, I went quite opposite of look 4. This look is light and bright and to me really says Spring or Summer. Out of all of the looks I did, this one also is probably the most daytime appropriate ;)
look 5

For more information, review and demos on all 5 looks be sure to check out my video:

disclaimer: this was bought with my own money. well technically i used a Sephora gift card i got for Christmas but you know what I mean. All reviews and always honest and my own, I am not sponsored and receive no monetary compensation for my reviews.


<3 Diane

No comments

Back to Top