Kerastase Chroma Sensitive Cleansing Balm & Chroma Riche Masque Review

I've always been a bit fascinated by the Kerastase line. I see them mentioned time and time again in magazines and the products are well loved by celebrities and stylists. One of the main reasons I didn't try was due to the higher price point on the items. However lately my hair motto has been, "you can't put a price on great hair" so if something was a bit more money if it really did magical wonders for me I don't mind spending on it. I mean, my holy grail Living Proof Restore Treatment Mask is $42 for 8oz which is in no way, shape, or form inexpensive! LOL

Anyway, I decided I did want to get my feet wet in the Kerastase pool and what better way than trying smaller, deluxe sample sizes to get a feel for the products?


(stock photo from google)
The first product I tried was the Reflection Chroma Sensitive Cleansing Balm. This shampoo alternative is sulfate, silicone and paraben free, very gentle and is started to lock in hair color while enhancing radiance. Being that I do color my hair and prefer products to be sulfate and silicone free, I had high expectations for this product and it did not let me down. According to the Kerastase site, this product contains a "Mild and nourishing formula comprised of 1/4 low-foaming cleansing base with reduced tensio-active agents and 3/4 conditioning base" and it is also high in antioxidant vitamin E. The directions stated to use it for the first three washes after getting hair color done and then alternate it for every wash after that.


So what did I think? LOVE AT FIRST SITE!!! Seriously, all the hype and talk about this product is said with good reason. I'm happy to report a little product goes a long way so you don't need much each wash. My hair felt very clean but at the same time super moisturized. There was no lather which I am fine with (and that this point I prefer. Lather makes me think my hair is being stripped now) I massaged the product into my scalp and through the lengths of my hair. I do notice my hair color does stay vibrant longer and I think the product is why. Once I run out of my mini size (it is around 3oz or so) I will be purchasing the full size without blinking an eye- it is THAT good. I also followed the directions and used it the first 3 times after color and now alternate it every other wash.



(stock image from google)
The other product I tried was the Reflection Masque Chroma Riche This is also from the line for color treated hair (by the way, I adore the pink packaging!) Per the Kerastase website, this masque is stated to "Nourishing masque that protects and boosts radiance for dry, highlighted or color-treated hair and "
  • Nourishes leaving hair soft and supple
  • Maximizes longevity and radiance of hair color with reflective shine
  • Protects against anti-oxidant aggressors and premature color fading
  • Provides UV protection "
I only had 2 pillow packs of product to try out with this masque to start. Much to my surprise a little went far. So I am noticing with these Kerastase products a little goes a long way. I applied the mask after the cleansing balm and let it sit for a half hour. I did mix it in with my holy grail mask mentioned aboved because I did need something to help spread the product through my long, color treated, dry hair. This product does contain a silicone or two which was a bit disappointing but my results left me in awe. THE SHINE! THE SHINE! THE S-H-I-N-E!!!! Blonde hair and shiny hair don't often go hand in hand and I couldn't remember the last time my hair looked that wonderfully shiny. Count me impressed again! I can't speak for long term results of this masque since I only used it one time but for the time time I used it I REALLY liked it, despite having silicones and all. This is a possibly rebuy for me as well- but I do want to try other masques by Kerastase (some which are silicone free) beforehand.


Overall, I am happy with the Kerastase line so far and am now looking to try some other products. I promised myself I have to go through some of my hair product stash before purchasing more but as soon as I get more I will report back on them!


Check out my video review for even more information:


disclaimer: these products were pruchased with my own money. I receive no monetary compensation nor am I sponsored by any brand for my reviews. All opinions stated are 100% my own and honesy. Links are not affiliated in any way unless otherwise mentioned.


<3 Diane

No comments

Back to Top