Tarte Cosmetics Colored Clay Review & Demo

Man I am so behind on blogging! I hope you are following my Youtube, I stay much more up to date over on there.


Anyway, the beginning of February Tarte Cosmetics has an AWESOME Today's Special Value kit on QVC: Color Your World with Shades of Clay featuring new products infused with their new star ingredient, colored clay! Colored clay is full of minerals and helps hide and correct a multitude of skin sins including, redness, dullness, and uneven skin tone among others.

The good news is, even if you missed the TSV price, it is still available on QVC.com (at time of blogging) for only a few dollars more!!

The kit includes:
I am wearing everything here in the shade light
-colored clay SPF 15 liquid foundationin your shade
-colored clay CC primer in your shade
-clay blush bronzer in Pink Bronze
-LipSurgence Lip Gloss in True Love, a sheer raspberry shade
-clay eyeliner in Black
-lights, camera, LASHES mascara in Black
-Bamboo foundation brush
-Bonus Makeup bag





Here is my initial reaction to the kit. I literally did this video not even owning the kit a half an hour:
Then, after using the kit and loving it for a while, I came back and gave a more detailed review here:



I also reviewed the new colored clay concealer and brow gel tarte has on QVC sold seperately:


 

And finally, I took all the products together and did a nice full face demo with them!




blush, bronzer and even eyeshadows in one!!
 Be sure to check the video review for details to a quick synopsis is overall I really do LOVE this kit! The stand outs for me are the blush bronze and the liquid foundation. The blush/bronzer is gorgeous for not just bronzer and blush, but if you dip into the shades individually you can even use them as eyeshadows! The liquid foundation is a new Holy Grail. I can't believe tarte made a foundation I like even more than the original Amazonian clay- but it is super pigmented, buildable coverage and you don't even feel it on the skin!





no flash

flash
Because my skin tone is constantly changing I got the kit in both light and medium (oh how I wish light-medium was offered) Here are the 2 shades swatched side by side with and without flash.








I also notice since using the colored clay products on my face daily, when I wash my face at night, my bare skin is starting to look better! The only thing different in my routine has been the colored clay products!


disclaimer: one kit was sent to me, one kit i bought with my own money. i am not endorsed or sponsored by any company and receive no monetary compensation for my reviews. all opinions are my own honest opinions, as always!

<3 Diane

No comments

Back to Top