Tarte Cosmetics Blotting Papers & Pressed Powder for Summer 2014

Tarte Cosmetic's Summer 2014 collection is nothing short of AWESOME, and truthfully I wouldn't expect anything less from this amazing brand. You can expect a few videos & blog posted breaking the collection down by pieces and here is the first one.

The first two products I will be reviewing are absolute necessities if you have combination or oily skin! My skin is combination and I am prone to shine, especially in my T-zone. As the weather gets warmer, the shine happens more often too. Both of these products will help with this problem.



The first product is the "Not So Slick" Oil-absorbing Blotting Papers. These are great for on the go and help control shine, even over makeup. You just take one of the papers and press it (don't rub or makeup will get messed up) over the spots you are shiny to absorb excess oil. Super easy to use and will also work well if you don't wear makeup every day. These papers are also naturally derived made out of Camellia Leaf Extract and are infused with Green Tea to supply your skin with some antioxidants! I found they did exactly what they would say they would do and are now a permanent addition to my hand bag to tackle shine when out and about.The purple leaf print on the packaging is completely adorable.



The other product is the Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Pressed Finishing Powder. I have been wishing and hoping for tarte to release this product for years! I am a big fan of the original smooth operator loose powder to set my makeup and always wish it would come in a more travel friendly option. The powder is infused with Amazonian clay which according to tarte's site will "help mattify skin, minimize the appearance of pores and reduce excess oil, for a soft focus finish even when you’re on-the-go" Amazonian Clay is a star ingredient in tarte's line and it helps to balance out the skin beautifully. This also comes with a little brush that fits perfectly into the compact making touch ups while out even easier. I found this powder to not be chalky or too powdery at all and gave my skin a nice matte and shine free finish. It also does not feel heavy or cakey on my skin.

Like all tarte products, these are both formulated without any parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, triclosans, sodium lauryl sulfate or gluten!





For a more detailed review and to see me demo both products, check out my video below:


P.S. If you live in the UK and have always wanted to try tarte, they are now available on QVC UK!

Disclaimer: these products were provided to me for review consideration. i receive no monetary compensation for my reviews and am not endorsed or sponsored by any company. all reviews and opinions are 100% my own and truthful, as always

<3 Diane

No comments

Back to Top