Tarte Cosmetics Self Tanners & 3 Face Demos #tanbytarte

I am naturally super pale and I don't want to bake in the sun since skin cancer runs in my family. Any self tanning and bronzing products are like my best friends and I must say, Tarte does self tanning RIGHT!

What you won't find in any of tarte's self tanning products aside from gluten, mineral oil, phtalates, triclosans, parabens and sulfates since tarte never includes any of that icky-ness in their stuff, are orange tones, streaks, uneven application or bad smells. These are my FAVORITE way to give myself a warm and healthy glow now.



So there are three self tanning products total I will be talking about. The Maracuja Bronzing Serum, the Brazilliance Skin Rejuvenating Maracuja Self Tanning Face Towelettes and the original Brazilliance Skin Rejuvenating Maracuja Face & Body Tanner.


The first thing I have to say about the Maracuja Bronzing Serum is GENIUS. Tarte took their popular pure Maracuja Oil, which is super awesome for the skin being high in essential fatty acids and vitamin C, and infused it with a gradual self tanner!!! Ladies and gents, this is where I would suggest starting if you are a bit of a self tanner phobe. Not only will this serum build up a gradual, goof proof tan but it will also help brighten, hydrate and even skin tone as it helps fight the signs of aging. I like using this product at night now in place of the original Maracuja Oil as the last step in my skincare regimen. When doing so, I wake up with such a lovely and natural looking glow. You can build onto the color buy using it consistantly every night in a row until your desired level of bronze is achieved.


The Brazilliance Skin Rejuvenating Maracuja Self Tanning Face Towelettes are also new for Summer 2014. Designed especially for the face and also said to help brighten and hydrate the skin I fell in love with these about 3 minutes after first use. I also like to use these at night- after my cleanser but before any other skincare and allowing my face to dry 5 minutes before putting anything on top. Right away- before the color even developed I noticed better clarify to my skin and it just didn't look as dull as it was looking prior. These do have more of an impact providing more color than the Bronzing Serum- I woke up like I just spent the weekend at the beach (and oh how I wish I have!) I like that they come individually packed and are travel friendly. Truth be told, I can do my face, neck and chest area with have a towelette so I usually cut and reseal each one to get more uses out of them. ;)




I have been usng the Brazilliance Skin Rejuvenating Maracuja Face & Body Tanner on my face and body since it debuted on QVC a couple of years ago. I simply can't rave enough about this product! I love that it doesn't smell, isn't sticky, dries super fast and gives me such a beautiful bronzed color that does not streak or fade unevenly! Plus the Maracuja inside is helping to hydrate and nourish my skin. The mitt it comes with makes it even easier to apply on my body and for my face I just use my hands. Aside from Maracuja, it also contains sunflower seed oil and vitamin E for added skin nourishing and protecting benefits.  Out of all three products, this one does get my face the darkest but don't let that scare you because even so it doesn't look Oooma Loompa like! I usually prefer to use this in the morning as my last step of my skincare before makeup. There is a color guide that rinses off but gives me immediate bronze and the self tanner develops over the next few hours.



A few more things to consider. After applying any of these tanning products, make sure to wash your hands thoroughly so your palms do not stain. As great as self tanner is, tanned palms are just not natural. These are tanning products, NOT sunscreens. They will not protect you from the sun so make sure you wear an SPF!


For an even more in depth review and to see all 3 products applied on my face in demos (not at the same time) please make sure to check my video below:



And if you really are interested in the Brazilliance self tanner and facial towelettes...you might want to tune into QVC on Friday May 2nd ;)


disclaimer: some of these were sent to me by the company and some bought with my own money. I am not endorsed or sponsored by any company and receive no monetary compensation for my reviews. All thoughts expressed are my own and honest opinions.


<3 Diane

No comments

Back to Top