TheBalm "How 'Bout Them Apples?" Review & Swatches

A few weeks ago, Birchbox & TheBalm had a contest for bloggers to win the new "How 'Bout Them Apples?" Cheek & Lip Palette! I have seen TheBalm around and find their packaging adorable, but never really got a chance yet to try anything out by them. I do own their rare Muppets palette where only 1,000 were made a few years ago but I treasure that palette and didn't want to ruin it by dipping into it.

 So I was so excited to be one of the winners and able to finally try TheBalm and this awesome palette! This palette consists of six colors for the cheeks and lips with a great variety of a red, peach, coral, pink, mauve and neutral. The shade names are are cute as the packaging all named after various apple products including Cider, Cobber, Pie, Crisp, Candy and Caramel. The only weird thing about the packaging to me is the shirtless men near each shade on the inside. Not quite sure what shirtless men have to do with makeup or apples? LOL

I found the shades to wear on my cheeks for quite a long time- four to five hours. This was nice because usually my face eats blush very fast. They were also long lasting on my lips even lasting a bit through sipping a water bottle. There is no glitter or shimmer, but the shades do have nice sheen to them. My favorite color out of the bunch is "Candy" which is a perfect sweet pink. But I am also hooked on all things pinks.

Check out the swatch pictures below and please be sure to see my video for an even more in depth review!

no flash
flash

no flash
  
flash  

Video Review:


Disclaimer: I won this product in a Birchbox Bloggers contest to review. I receive no monetary compensation for my review and opions are always 100% my own and truthful.

<3 Diane

No comments

Back to Top