Hanging Out In The Park (Photoshoot, Hair of the Day)

Yesterday after dinner Tommie and I decided to go hang out in the park. I just happened to have my camera on me and was having a really great hair day so we played photoshoot again! I love photoshoots, I always wished I could be a real model.I should have done pictures before my weekly cheat meal of half a milkshake and cheeseburger (lettuce bun) but oh well, life is short!

The park was really pretty and it was about an hour before the sun was setting so lighting was perfect! We lucked out too, not even two hours after this it started raining!!!


So about the hair. This is actually Day 1 hair! Usually my day 1 is more fluffy but this is the best day 1 hair I have had in a long time!! Also, the fact that the weather is warmer means I am starting to get more curl definition. I clipped the front section of my hair back as it air dried because the front is unmanageable, so that is why the front if stretched out.

I slept with coconut oil on my hair the night before and I used a mix of the Living Proof Restore Shampoo & Pureology Perfect 4 Platinum Shampoo to wash. Both of course are sulfate free. I also like mixing in the Ouidad Mediterranean Scalp Treatment once a week to really get a nice clean feeling on my scalp.

After shampoo I took a bottle of beer and poured it over my head. Beer rinses help to strength and repair the hair, add great shine and also overall make the hair look better. I rinsed it thoroughly before using conditioner. Thankfully, the terrible beer smell does not linger. I often forget to bring beer into the shower, I have to remember to make this a habit. I personally don't drink beer so my dad gave me the most confused look as I was walking upstairs with a bottle. When I told him my reasoning he said I was wasting his good beer. Oh dad!

To condition I used my current new obsession, Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! hair mask and sat under my huetiful hair steamer for one round of steam. I haven't used my steamer in a few weeks because when I got my hair color done you need to wait at least 10 days to heat or steam because it can interfere with the color. I let the conditioner sit on my hair a while after the steam and then applied Clairol Shimmer Lights conditioner to help fight brassiness. I only leave that on 2 minutes because I don't want my hair to turn purple.

After rinsing out the conditioners, as a leave in I used the Briogeo Curl Charisma Conditioner. I really love this Briogeo line, everything I tried has been amazing. This conditioner helps to enhance curl definition and is loaded with incredible ingredients, just like the mask. A little goes a long way too.

Continuing to style I used my beloved staples Living Proof Prime and Restore Repair Cream. Followed by a brand new product by Original Moxie called Hold Up Defining Serum! This styling product has strong hold for waves and curls and is enhanced with plant botanicals Quinoa protein. It is supposed to really helped with curl definition in looser hair types like me and also really fight frizz. The best part? IT IS SILICONE FREE!!!!!!  This was the first time I tried this styler but I was impressed how not fluffy by day 1 hair was. A full review video and post will be coming once I play with it more. I finally sealed the hair with argan oil before air drying.


I really like how shiny and soft my hair was and I did notice less frizz than usual. Even today as I type this on my day 2 hair my curls are defined, still shiny and still not so much frizz! Frizz is one of my biggest hair complaints, especially in Summer.
 I plan on doing a Summer tips and favorite frizz fighter video soon, I have a good feeling based on first impressions the Hold Up serum will make it on that list!









While the camera was out we also took a length check picture, since it has been a few weeks since our last one. Truthfully, I have not had a trim since the first week of February and it's nearing time to go get one. I will have to force myself to trim next hair color appointment the end of June. But I still can't believe the length I am achieving, especially for coloring my hair! It is proof consistent care and patience pays off.


I feel like I am slowly getting Mermaid hair. ;) Even the hygienist at the dentist the other day told me I looked like a Mermaid and it made my whole day.

The makeup I have on my face is all my it cosmetics- everything from the upcoming Today's Special Value Kit from QVC on June 21 (detailed blog post on that soon too) and also their new CC beauty fluid foundation (also blog on that soon as well) The eyeshadow I have on is the Purple from Josie Maran's new Argan Oil & Coconut Water Eyeshadow Collection!! I think it is so cool that there is coconut water in eyeshadows. I will also have a blog on them soon. I have a lot of blogging to do ;)



I hope you enjoy my photo shoot posts as much as I like taking them. Big thanks to my amazing boyfriend for putting up with me and always taking my pics despite thinking I am crazy.



How cute is this mini water fall!? Tommie caught a turtle in this stream once!


<3 Diane

2 comments

  1. Great pics! The setting was perfect and you look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top