Carol's Daughter Monoi Oil Sacred Strength Hair Serum

I was immediately intrigued by the Carol's Daughter Monoi Oil Sacred Strength Hair Serum when I found out it was a silicone free oil blend! My pet peeve, and I know I said this before, is seeing oil blends on the shelves of stores with ingredient lists that have more silicones that will only coat your hair and block moisture from entering vs oil blends with actual oil. I have heard so much about the Carol's Daughter brand so I knew I had to give this a try.

According to the description on Ulta.com,  "This lightweight miracle serum, whose strengthening power comes from Monoi Oil - a sacred Tahitian blend of Tiare Gardenia Flower and Coprah Coconut Oil. It reverses and prevents damage to even the most distressed hair caused by chemical straightening, color-treating, heat-styling and sun exposure. This silicone-free restorative serum rebuilds your hair's structure from the inside out for true repair that doesn't wash away or weigh hair down, like silicones do. It's also blended with Mirabelle Plum Seed Oil to restore softness and Kukui and Rose Hip Seed Oils to reduce frizz and boost your hair's natural shine. Take your hair to its maximum strength and length - no matter what you do to it."

Aside from not containing silicones, it is also free of parabens, mineral oil, parabens, petroleum and alcohol.

I do like this serum- but as a styler. It isn't heavy enough for me to use on wet hair "seal" but on dry hair and day 2, 3 or 4 hair taking a few pumps and running it through my hair from roots to tips adds some shine, helps with frizz and leaves it oh so soft. I like that it doesn't leave my hair oily or weigh it down either.

I also tried this as an overnight treatment but sadly the amount I need for all my hair to coat it evenly wound up being half the bottle and that is just not cost effective for me to do. But when I did wash my hair the next day after doing so it was very soft!

Check out my detailed review in the video below:



Disclaimer: the products in this video were purchased with my own money. I am not endorsed or sponsored by any company and receive no monetary compensation for my reviews. All opinions and words stated are my own truthful thoughts, as always.

<3 Diane

No comments

Back to Top