Hair & Oufit of the Day / Photoshoot

Truthfully, I probably shouldn't be taking any hair pictures because my roots are ridiculous and my ends need a trim. But I got dressed up to go to a concert Saturday (which was AMAZING by the way), and asked my dear old dad to snap some pictures for me. But hey, it's all good! ;)

The necklace I am wearing my boyfriend actually got me down in Georgia last year. I am so not a big jewelry person but this was so pretty, and really inexpensive too- like $25! But I was going out without him and wanted him with me. Truthfully, most of the time I forget to wear this and the other jewelry I own. Ooops!


OUTFIT
I am completely in love with the dress I wore! This is part of the Bella Grey by Lisa Rinna fashion line on QVC (item A253381 for my fellow Q addicts out there) I am becoming obsessed with tis line. All the pieces I have are just so cute and super comfortable! But back to this dress- There was a choice of 4 colors: black, salmon, purple or a turquoise blue. I went back and forth between the blue and black and the blue then sold out in my size. A girl can never have too many black dresses though! I like the even though this is sleeveless, it covers right up to the shoulder since I don't like my arms or this gross fat spillage I have between my chest and shoulders that is super resistant to change no matter what I do. So I like that this hides it, I like that there is a tie on the waist so if I eat a burger (which I do) I don't have to freak out about bloating in a skin tight garment. The length is perfect too. Since I was going to a concert I didn't want a wear a dress too short so when I jumped and danced and went crazy I didn't have to worry about people seeing my butt. It is a-symmetrical and just the right length. Also this fabric is SUPER SUPER SUPER soft! It feels like my baby blanky! I am going back for that blue soon now that this is back in stock. Another bonus is that this can be dressed up or dressed down. The shoes are from Crocs and are so comfortable!



MAKEUP
The concert I was going to was outdoors. It was hot. I needed my makeup to stay in place and not sweat off. A lot did ultimately sweat off by the very end of the of the night but it lasted longer than expected! Face wise I used a pump of the It Cosmetics CC Cream for my SPF then some of the Tarte BB Primer on top. I just love combining these two because I can't pick one over the other. Both in the shade light. I applied the Mally Effortless Airbrush Foundation in the shade medium on top. I love that that foundation is very lightweight but full coverage. I didn't feel like anything was on my face. I used the tarte BB undereye corrector and It Cosemtics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer to conceal. I also used the Mally Beauty Perfect prep Under Eye Brightener around my eyes. I contoured with the It Cosmetics Vitality Matte Bronzer and used the It Cosmetics Matte Sweet Apple Cheek Stain blush. I set it all with the Tarte Amazon Clay Smooth Operator Powder followed by Mally Face Defender. I then used the Kat Von D Makeup Setting Spray.
Mascara was the tarte multipleye lash primer w/the lights, camera, flashes (gold tube!!) mascara on top. I used the tarte 360 degrees eyeshadow primer with a Josie Maran Coconut Water Eyeshadow in Playa Del Pink. The liner was tarte multipleye liner which I think they are discontinuing ;( For my eyebrows I used the tarte Amazonian Clay brow mousse in taupe. And finally, lip is the It Cosmetics Vitality Lip Gloss Stain in "Ja Ne Sais Quoi"

HAIR
Again, apologies for the roots and non-trim. That will all be fixed before I go on vacation in a week. But this is Day 2 hair, as always, my best hair day.
For Day 1 I washed with the Pureology Precious Oil Shampoo and then used the Ouidad 3 Replenishing Hair Treatment. I sat under my hooded dryer to allow it to penetrate. This treatments smells so good- like lemonhead candies! It adds such softness and shine. I then used the Ion Conditioner for blonde hair on top for the last 5 minutes. It's purple so it helps fight the brass. After rinsing it all out I used the following style concoction (if you know me, you know I love to mix and play): Pureology Precious Oil Conditioner as a leave in, a mix of 3 pureology sprays for UV protection, Living Proof Prime, Living Proof Restore Cream, Wen 613 Mousse, Curly Hair So
lutions Curl Keeper and Jessicurl Spiralicious. I then sealed with Argan Oil.

Lately I have been OBSESSED with the Original Moxie Hold Up Defining Serum- it can eliminate at like 2-3 of those products. I didn't use it because I am saving the rest of my bottle for vacation!! Side note- I have been really working to use up a lot of hair products in my stash so I am not allowing myself to buy new until I use some things up. But as soon as I do, I'm splurging for the huge size of that hold up serum!

Okay for Day 2 I usually refresh and don't add a lot of products but because I knew I'd be outside in humidity AND dancing, I added a bit extra so my hair wouldn't frizz up by the end of the night and it worked. I used the DevaCurl Mister Right Spray, the Q-Redew and CURLS Cashmere Jelly section by section like I usually do for Day 2 hair. I then used the DevaCurl Flexible Hold
Hair Spray spraying a good amount all over and then used the Devacurl Set Up and Above pomade. The pomade helps temporary mend split ends, keeps hair in place, fights frizz, adds extra shine and has a good firm hold. However I don't use this product too often because as nice as it makes my hair, it also leaves my hair feeling very product-y and sticky.

While we were talking pictures I did a length check. I love how long the back of my hair is getting! I am so sad to trim it, but it is long over due. Last trim was the first week of February and my hair is becoming increasingly more difficult to detangle as a result. I won't trim much. I can't wait for the front parts to get as long as the back!


I think I covered all the details with my look. I hope you all enjoy these kind of posts!

And if you want to see in action, what I usually do for day 1 and day 2 hair, though the products change often the routine/application doesn't vary much, check out this video:




<3 Diane

No comments

Back to Top