Tarte Rainforest After Dark Palette for Fall 2014 Review & Demo

I was so very excited to see this "Rainforest After Dark" palette released by Tarte Cosmetics as part of their Fall 2014 Collection! I love the "circle palettes" by tarte. They are super cute, house a great sized mirror and are perfect for traveling since they have 6 eyeshadows, a blush, a bronzer and highlighter all in one!

This whole palette is infused with colored clay, which is the newest star ingredient from tarte. Colored clay helps a variety of skin concerns including tone, texture, oilyness, dry,ness and more and infused in this palette, the colors will be benefiting your skin as they wear nice and pretty!


Like all tarte products, this is cruelty free, and contains no parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, triclosan, sodium lauryl sulfates, or gluten.

The palette contains the same "park ave princess" matte bronzer and highlighter like all the other "circle palettes" do. Some dislike that this is the same, but I personally really enjoy it! Since the bronzer and highlighter are both staples for me it makes traveling with it easier, I just have to decide which blush and eyeshadows I want to use and I am good to go!

The eyeshadows wore all day and blended beautifully when worn on top of the tarte 360 degrees clean slate eyeshadow primer. They pigment is buildable. 5 of the shades were effortless and gorgeous, however the shade "bare to expose" gave me trouble at first. Once I scratched off the top layer of that shadow with a spoolie it then performed nicely just like the others. I think the colors will work on all skintones and hair colors and I feel they have a sultry, pruple smokey theme to them.


To hear a more detailed review of this palette, see my demo of the look above and also see swatch pictures and comparison pictures to the other tarte circle palettes as well as the January 2014 released "Be Mattenificent" palette, check out my video below:






Disclaimer: the products in this blog & video were purchased with my own money. I am not endorsed or sponsored by any company and receive no monetary compensation for my reviews. All opinions and words stated are my own truthful thoughts, as always.


<3 Diane

No comments

Back to Top