August Hair Growth Update Video /My Hair Color Misery Dilemma (pics)

Hi lovely readers! I hope you all had a great Labor Day Weekend! I actually went completely out of my comfort zone and went camping!! (that is coming in a seperate blog post!)

So here is my monthly hair growth update video for the month of August:




In the video, aside from my usual updates, I also explain my current hair color dilemma. I was experiencing some breakage, despite babying my hair and taking such good care of it's blondeness.

I thought maybe going a few shades darker blonde would help the health and breakage so last time I went to get my roots done we went a bit darker however two problems arose: 1) it's too dark for me and I hate it and 2) (more important) the re-growth they colored is also not the same as the rest of my hair and it is driving me nuts because when my actual roots grow back in, my hair will be 3 colors.


So what is a girl to do? Honestly I don't know. It's been 2 weeks since I got the color done and I've been letting my hair recover, doing a lot of deep treatments, etc.
I am deciding if I want to go to a salon that uses Olaplex (http://www.olaplex.com) which is this new bonder that  "reconnects broken disulfide sulfur bonds in the hair. Bonds break when exposed to chemicals in color, from heat, and mechanical force such as combing wet hair." (I got all that from their website)

 Basically, the Olaplex sounds like a miracle as it is supposed to help less damage and breakage happen from coloring hair, especially lifting blondes! The website even says you can lift and go blonder than you thought even possible while your hair stays healthy! Naturally, I am super intrigued. Researching this new Olaplex nonstop I have come across multiple positive reviews from both hair dressers and clients alike!


I will update you guys on my hair color and everything as soon as things happen.

By the way, my awesome Doctor Who t shirt in these pics is from Hot Topic ;)


Thanks for reading!


<3 Diane

No comments

Back to Top