January 2015 Birchbox Review

Birchbox is my favorite beauty subscription service. I have tried so many, at one point I think I was subscribed to six of them (!!) but now I just get Birchbox. Why? It's only $10, and though admittedly so, I do occasionally get a dud box, the super awesome rewards program makes up for this misses.

The Birchbox rewards program in a nutshell: when you do reviews of the products they send, you get 10 points. 100 points = $10 in the Birchbox shop which is fully redeemable for full size products! Birchbox also runs sales and extra points offers so if you are a coupon queen like moi, you wait until a promo is going in to cash in your saved up points and have a lovely guilt free haul. Also, any purchase in the Birchbox online shop or SOHO store (which I dangerous work around the corner from!) gives you points as well.

Okay, so now to my January box. I like the new recent feature that Birchbox offers allowing us subbies to pick either a specific product or even a curated box. One of the curated theme boxes for January was "Tone It Up" which features "gym bag essentials" Now I don't go to a gym, I am a exercise DVD home workout junkie (click here for more info on that) but when I saw my favorite dry shampoo of all time was in this box, I had made up my mind!

How pretty is the ombre raindow design on the box??




So here is what my box included. I can review what I have tried previously and if you want reviews on anything else please drop me a kind line and let me know.

-Aqua Reveal Satin Bright Soft Water Peel for face, .5oz
 ...Smooth, brighten and exfoliate all skin types

-Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk, 1.06oz
  ...This size sells for $9, this whole box was $10 plus points! Deal! I  love this dry shampoo because it refreshes my hair after workouts  without leaving my already uber dry hair even more dry.

-Coola Radical Recovery After Sun Lotion, .5oz
...Replenishes, renews and moisturize. How mean to get this in a January box when it is 25 degrees outside!? This baby will be saved for the beach days, which feels like an eternity away...

-Whish Body Butter, .75oz
...the scent I received is lavender and it does smell like a spot on French Lavender to me mixed with baby powder. This lotion does feel nice and is a good travel size to take on a weekend getaway.

                                                                      -Coastal Scents Revealed Palette Sampler
                                                                        ...the shade selection I got is called "Latte" These shadows are personally too tan/brown for my taste so I will be passing them on to be loved by a friend.


Overall, I am happy with this months box! I am excited to try the face peel. I have a skincare mask/peel addiciton as of lately.

If you would like to sign up for Birchbox, click here
*signing up through my link gives me 50 Birchbox points at no additional cost to you. Thank you for using my link!


thanks for reading!
<3 Diane



No comments

Back to Top