February 2015 Birchbox Review

It's always a good day when my monthly Birchbox arrives! If you are unsure what Birchbox is, I posted the details at the end of this blog post =)

I adore the beautiful hot pink and orange box for February! It is so bright and warm- something we absolutely need since the weather outside has been absurdly cold lately. I am EXTREMELY happy with the goodies in my Birchbox this month! The theme this month is "friendship" and I was able to select one item prior. Between my curiosity and hair product junkie ism, I went with a "mystery brand" hair moisturizing sea salt spray.

If you want to sign up for Birchbox, click here

 -PARLOR by Jeff Chastain Moisturizing Sea Salt Spray
...The mystery brand is PARLOR by Jeff Chastain and it is a Birchbox exclusive brand. What is interesting about this product is unlike most sea salt sprays, it actually moisturizes! The product made a lovely day 2 hair refresher for me bringing my waves back to life, adding some softness and definition. Like the insert card states (see pic below) it also smells amazing. I can't pinpoint the smell exactly but it is sort of a warm sweet floral to me.

-Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant by Paula's Choice
 ...I haven't had a chance to try this out yet but it sounds amazing. It is a leave on exfoliant that is supposed to wipe away inpurities to reveal smooth, even-toned glowing skin. I like the fact it contains Salicylic Avid since I am still breaking out like a teenager (thanks, stress) If you want a full review on this, let me know.
 -Gilchrist & Soames London Collection Shower Gel
...This shower gel is so yummy. I smell almonds and praline inside. It's sweet, but not overly sweet. I only washed my hands with it because I like these small sizes for travel but my hands felt clean, soft and nourished! This shower gel is also rich in antioxidants and paraben free!

-Juicy Couture Hollywood Royal Perfume
...I usually loathe perfume samples, but since working with fragrances I have a new appreciation for them. I have smelled this perfume last month and I really like it! Notes include Candied Apple, Juicy Pear, Jasmine, Gardenia, Marshmallow and Vanilla. The irony is I usually can't stand Jasmine or Gardenia, but I LOVE Vanilla and Marshmallow- so the balance works out. It's a very nice fruity floral that doesn't overwhelm me.


-Read my Lips Lip Gloss in shade BAM by theBalm Cosmetics
...I am a lip product junkie and lately I have been buying a significant less amount of makeup. Getting lippies in my Birchbox helps my fix while allowing me to stick to me budget. I love everything about this gloss!!! The comic book lover in me is crazy about the adorable packaging. The color is pigmented with the perfect amount of shine. It is a nice lighter peachy-pink color. The gloss is a tiny bit sticky, but I feel this stickiness helps it stay on longer. It also has antioxidant rich ginseng to help the condition of the pout and smells like melons.

(left no flash, right flash)

So also in my Birchbox was an advertisement for Benefit's new Roller Lash mascara. No sample though. =( I would love to get this in a future box because the packaging is adorable- so retro & the cap is a curler!! Plus I love trying new mascaras. They did however provide a code for a free Benefit primer mini with purchase from the Birchbox shop. I don't know why the code wasn't for a free mascara mini? I don't know, I thought that was odd.




 So, fragrance sample and all my February Birchbox was a winner for me! You can't beat this for ten bucks!!


So what is birchbox???
Birchbox is my favorite beauty subscription service. I have tried so many, at one point I think I was subscribed to six of them (!!) but now I just get Birchbox. Why? It's only $10, and though admittedly so, I do occasionally get a dud box, the super awesome rewards program makes up for this misses.

The Birchbox rewards program in a nutshell: when you do reviews of the products they send, you get 10 points. 100 points = $10 in the Birchbox shop which is fully redeemable for full size products! Birchbox also runs sales and extra points offers so if you are a coupon queen like moi, you wait until a promo is going in to cash in your saved up points and have a lovely guilt free haul. Also, any purchase in the Birchbox online shop or SOHO store  gives you points as well.

 If you'd like to sign up for Birchbox, click here!
*signing up through my link gives me 50 Birchbox points at no additional cost to you. Thank you for using my link!


<3 Diane

No comments

Back to Top