Hair of the Day- 1 Week After Salon Appointment & Cut

So truthfully, I have been having terrible hair days lately. It started a few months ago I experiences breakage that I now seem to have under control. Thank God. But I am on the road to recovery and just have to (im)patiently wait for the broken parts to grow out.If you follow me on instagram I'm sure you notice the lack of selfies and hair pics lately. I finally had a day where I took some pictures and my hair looks decent. The shine I got is incredible, so that's one good thing.
 I haven't really enjoyed taking full hair pictures because of this whole thing. Honestly, it is quite traumatizing and I'm pretty damn depressed about it if you want to know the truth. The very ends of my hair are so thing because of the breakage all around. I concealed the bad breakage pretty well in these pictures. Again, TRAUMATIZING.
 
Anyway, a little over a week ago I went to the salon for a color appointment. The past few times I got color they used L'Oreal INOA which is Ammonia free, with oil and supposedly super gentle on the hair. I'm done using bleach on my hair because apparently you can be super careful and obsess over the health of your hair like I did, but that bleach will still mess you up! Hard lesson learned ;( Prior to my color the salon used Olaplex as a treatment. Olaplex is a miracle product. If you haven't heard of it now, google or search the hashtag on instagram and you will see the amazingness. I recently wrote a detailed article about my Olaplex experience for NaturallyCurly that you can read here, as not to repeat myself too much.
 When at the salon I also (well my stylist) cut about 2-2.5 inches which is the most I had cut in probably 2 years now. My ends were so frizzy, ratty and unbearable I knew it had to be done. At this point, I rather shorter hair that looks healthy than longer hair that looks bad. I am most likely cutting more next time. At least shorter hair seems to be in right now so I am sort of deal while I regrow it back out?

I'd also be lying to say I am not considering extensions but for a silly reason, the thoughts of hair extensions weirds me out personally. I know the look so good on other people, but having another person's hair on my head- eehh I don't know! I know, I am being ridiculous.
 The good news is my stylist said the hair we've been putting just the INOA on and the new growth is really thick and healthy. I also religiously take Viviscal hair supplementa twice a day to help support the healthiest growth possible. I just have to grow out the damaged/bleached parts.
 For these pics, which is day 1 hair I used the Tweak-d Self Cleansing Restore Treatment prior to shower. This stuff is seriously so amazing. I then used the Carol's Daughter Mirabelle Plum Shampoo. You actually do not need to use a seperate shampoo with the tweak-d but I want the benefits from the Mirabelle Plum line as well.  After that I mixed the Carol's Daughter Mirabelle Plum Conditioner with the Olaplex No 3 Take Home Treatment and left it on for about an hour. I applied Shimmer Lights conditioner for the last 5 minutes to help tone.

Styling after shower I use quite a few products, but it's working for me for the time being. I always apply using the Ouidad Rake & Shake Method and then plopping. I use Kerastase Initialiste on my scalp followed by the Alterna Hair & Scalp lengthing Elixer on both my scalp and hair. These two are to help my growth and breakage. Then I use Ouidad Moisture Lock Leave In Conditioner, Kerastase Ciment Thermique Primer, Living Proof Restore Lotion, Kerastase Discipline Anti Frizz Spray, Ouidad Tress FX gel and seal with SheaMoisture Intense Hydration Oil Serum. I air dried clipping the front sections back to along them. If you want more details on these products check out my recent post about some favorite hair products.
I decided to stop doing the CG method a couple months back when I first noticed the breakage because I began wondering if high porosity, color treated damaged hair is just too naked and unprotected with no silicones at all? I don't know. Hair is a tricky science. It really is all about experience, trial and error and learning what works for you. As much as I absolutely love my hair ultra light blonde and will never feel as pretty otherwise, I know it's just impossible for me.

I am a human too. I make mistakes and learn from them. Sometimes people I think forget bloggers are not perfect and they humans too. I'd be the first one to admit I am so far from perfect.

<3 Diane

2 comments

  1. You are beautiful and your hair too! I am sure it will recover soon, and with olaplex you may also go lighter again in the future! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same problem! My hair was a beautiful near-platinum but began breaking at the crown - the CROWN - so I looked like I was really losing hair. My hair dresser over-shot the effort to get me back to my natural red into deep cinnamon. That freaked me out so I washed it with Dawn to lighten it. Mistake - it lightened it but basically ruined my hair from shoulders down. We chopped it off and the crown is growing out but the lighter color will have to wait. I am using Olaplex and Restore, so cross your fingers for me :)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top