Hair & Makeup of the Day!

outside lighting. no flash.
Yesterday was my brother's 40th Surprise birthday party. We're 11 years apart! Anyway, I got dressed up nice and stuff for the occasion so naturally, I had my boyfriend take a bunch of pics of me to share with you guys! These Lox Studio extensions that I talked about last time are seriously giving me life while I grow out the breakage disaster. I don't think anyone in my family realized I even had extensions in! Yay!!
inside. no flash.
Hair was Day 2.
Day 1 (Wash Day) I used the Carol's Daughter Mirabelle Plum shampoo mixed with Living Proof Restore Shampoo. Conditioners with a mix of Olaplex No 3, Curl Junkie Curl Rehab, Carol's Daughter Mirabelle Plum Conditioner & Living Proof Restore Conditioner. I really do love mixing a bunch of products plus I find it is really good to mix Olaplex No 3 with an intense moisturizing deep treatment such as the Curl Junkie to balance out the protein.

Day 1 to style I used a product cocktail of the Kerastase Initialiste (scalp only), Alterna Lengthening Elixir, Shea Moisture conditioners as leave in (again, me the mixologist has about 4 of their conditioners combined in a jar since I can never pick which one to use), Devacurl B'leave In & Arcangel and sealed with SheaMoisture Intense Hydration oil. I always apply using the Ouidad Rake & Shake Method and allowed the hair to air dry.

Again, you don't need to use as many products as I do and I have my reasons for mixing and using specific ones. I do what works best for me.
inside. flash.
 For the Day 2 hair, to prep my hair for my clip ins I used the Carol's Daughter Mirabelle Plum Leave In Conditioner spray and the Living Proof Restore Repair Lotion. This especially helped to protect the parts of my hair that the clips adhered too.

I really love the Carol's Daughter Mirabelle Plum line! It leaves my hair so soft and I love the combo of hydration and growth. You can read my review on it here. I saw they added a mask to the collection! i can't wait to get my hands on it!!!!

inside. flash.
Honestly, as soon as I put the extensions in I felt changed. I felt 100x more pretty (not that I think I'm that pretty to start off with) as soon as they were in and I was good to go. My boyfriend even said I was more upbeat and seemed happier, but he tells me I'm beautiful no matter what (smart man. I love him!)

 I did have a bit of trouble blending my broken hairs in so they didn't stick out but used Devacurl Set Up & Above plus Raw Curls Pomade to keep them down. I think I applied a bit too much Pomade on the top of my head. OOoopps. Live & Learn?

inside. flash.
 My roots are growing in at a good pace. It makes me happy because they means my hair is growing! I am debating to push it a few extra months before/if I get them touched up. I'm trying to decide what to do! I just love being a lighter blonde so much, even if it isn't as light as I'd want (stupid bleach)

I eventually will go for my hair cut. I'm partially dreading it but some of the shorter pieces underneath where I trimmed the breakage I can see is coming in defined and curly and so healthy!

inside. flash.
My shirt is M by Marc Bouwer from QVC. I'm a bit sad it looks like QVC will no longer be carrying his line! On the bright side a lot of his old items are reduced to last click prices right now if you can find your size!

outside lighting.no flash
Makeup wise I have been applying foundation and concealer with the beauty blender and beauty blender mini. After watching Kandee Johnson's video on how to use the beauty blender, it's life changing!!

Makeup I am wearing:
--Benefit Porefessional & Stay Flawless Primer
I love this combo. I am using mini trial sizes and want full size next time there is a sale somewhere. Hopefully HSN does a Today's Specal.
--Doll 10(Dalton) Aqua D'Pure Foundation in Light
I love this foundation! Full coverage, matte finish. It's been discontinued which makes me sad because I am almost out of it.
--Tarte CC Undereye Corrector + It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye Concealer
--Mally Beauty Sunshine in a Jar aka Perfect Prep Undereye Brightener
This stuff is amazing for under eye circles.
--It Cosmetics Cheek Flush in Sweet Cheeks
I love these blushes because they wear all day and my face doesn't eat them!
--It Cosmetics Brow Power & shadow from the last mega palette they did.
--Mally Beauty Face Defender
A must for anyone with shine prone skin. I get so mad at myself when I take pictures and am not wearing it!
--Mally Beauty Lip Glitz in Love Affair
Long lasting, perfectly pink and with some glitter!
--Benefit Roller Lash Mascara
My new addiction. This mascara is sooo good. Check out my blog post here.

outside. no flash.

Sorry this blog post was so long and I blabbed a bit! Thanks for reading!!

<3 Diane

No comments

Back to Top