Hair of The Day & My Little Secret

Here are some "Hair of the Day" pictures from Sunday.
 It was second day hair.
On wash day (the day before) I used my recent favorite product combination:
First I used the Tweak-d Restore treatment prior to my shower. I am obsessed with Tweak-d, I will have an updated review soon! I then mixed the Carol's Daughter Mirabelle Plum & Living Proof Restore Shampoos in the with the Tweak-d Restore to cleanse. The Tweak-d does work extremely well on it's own, I am just my own wavy mixologist and like mixing ;)
 For conditioner, I used the Olaplex No 3 Hair Perfector with some of the Carol's Daughter Mirabelle Plum & Living Proof Restore Conditioners on top and left them in a half an hour or so. I love the combination of the Carol's Daughter Mirabelle Plum and Living Proof Restore- I can't decide which one to use so that is why I began mixing them all the time.The Olaplex is beyond amazing and life changing but my stylist said to never use it more than once a week because it can be overkill. I'm actually going back to the salon to get another In Salon Olaplex Treatment later this week.
For day 1 style I used Kerastase Initialise on my scalp, followed by the Alterna Lengthening Elixir. Then, using the Ouidad Rake & Shake Method I applied the following in order: Ouidad Moisture Lock Conditioner, Living Proof Restore Repair Lotion and Wave Defining Cream (discontinued but the new curl cream is very similar) and sealed with SheaMoisture Intense Hydration Oil. I plopped after applying, scrunched and air dried with my front sections  in creaseless clip to stretch them out (they are the worst wonky curl pattern ever)
I also have a little secret with these pictures. So I am suffering super duper bad breakage that I don't wish to give details about because the depresses the hell out of me. I legit cry at night over it. I have clip in extensions in my hair! I never thought I would need or want extensions but desperate times call for desperate measures. I didn't want human hair (sorry, the thought of it weirds me out and I can't get over it) and I wanted them pre-curled because I am a bit lazy and don't know what to do with a curling iron. I found the perfect set on HSN by Lox Studio. They are the 20" in the shade Golden Blonde in the style Natural Curl. They came with instructions that made them super easy to apply- even for someone completely clueless like me! Before putting the extensions in I did spray my real hair with the Carol's Daughter Mirabelle Plum Leave-In Conditioner Spray to protect my hair. Once the extensions were in I used some Devacurl Set Up & Above Pomade to try and tame down my breakage that was sticking out. The color and style of these are such a great match for my hair, the only thing that would make me happier would be if I didn't have the breakage and just didn't need them. Le sigh. But the extensions seemed to work- my family who was over this day didn't even know they were extensions until my one brother and sister in law who were still over late at night watched me take them out and looked confused as heck.
Some point soon I am going to cut off the rest of my super bleach damaged hair so the rest can grow back really healthy again. I am not looking forward to it. I actually dread taking pictures without these extensions now. Lesson learned: bleach sucks, even though my old hairdresser said my hair could have handled it, she was wrong. Thank God for faux real hair clip in extensions!!!!!!!!

<3 Diane

No comments

Back to Top