I Smell Great Perfume & Body Products Review

I Smell Great is a line of delicious smelling fragrance products from perfumes to hair mists, lotions and more! I have been meaning to blog about this line for a while, it has been one of my new addictions as of lately. What is unique about I Smell Great vs. other perfume companies out there is their technology! The scents are created with molecules meant to be soft & gentle.

Read more after the break!



From ISmellGreat.com:
"i smell great™ the first and only perfume to use encapsulated scent spheres, a cutting edge approach to how we wear perfume. Our proprietary technology allows for our beautiful fragrances to be captured in microscopic spheres. Our laboratory then suspends the spheres in our fragranced products. What happens next is incredible perfume science that has never been seen before. All it takes is a bit of friction to release the fragrance from the spheres. Just a bit of rubbing on your skin, or a tousling of your hair, is all it takes to reactivate your fragrance. In our lush lip, reactive technology hydrates your lips and freshens your kiss, and our encapsulated spheres are activated with a lick of the lips.
i smell great™ encapsulated scent spheres contain the same gentle fragrance that is in our products, and we have created a way for you to enjoy our beautiful gentle fragrances longer, without making them stronger."

The fact that the scents can be reactivated I thought was super cool. Now the thing with me and scented products- I have a very picky and sensitive nose, so does my boyfriend. I have to be super careful with what I wear as certain notes in fragrances and chemicals can lead to things that are not good. The I Smell Great products pass our test! They really do smell great and do not give us headaches or adverse reactions.

THE SCENTS
There are Four Scents to choose from and you can mix, match and later the scents to create your own unique experience!

Wild Honey
They Say: Our wild honey intoxicates with the gentle yet enticing scents of honey, brown sugar, tahitian vanilla, sweet nectar with a touch of sexy. This delicious and soothing combination is almost edible, and will kiss your skin with an irresistible and yummy sweetness.

I Say: Out of the four, this one is my very favorite. I love sweet and gourmand scents. It doesn't smell like straight up honey whichis good because I don't love that smell alone. The mix of the honey with the vanilla and brown sugar leaves it sweet, but not overbearingly sweet. I usually am a fan of anything with a nice amount of Vanilla inside. It is super addictive and bonus- calorie free! To me, it is a fresh take on a sweet scent that I just can't get enough of.

Candy Crush
They Say: Our candy crush intoxicates with the gentle yet enticing scents of candied flower petals, rose syrup, icing sugar, candy hearts with a touch of love. The fresh and juicy flowers will tempt and tease you with a mouthwatering sweetness that is impossible to resist.

I Say: This is my other favorite scent and it isn't far behind the Wild Honey. Honestly, I never quite smelled a fragrance like this before. I have been enjoying fragrances with Rose lately and the rose syrup is a unique note to me. It has some floral, some sweet, some fruit but it doesn't weigh in heavily on any of those categories. I really can't find the exact words to describe this scent other than unique and I really like it.  Also addicting.

Angel Cake
They Say: Our angel cake intoxicates with the gentle yet enticing scents of pink icing, powdered sugar, candied almond, with a touch of sweetness. It’s cozy and comforting, with a sweet innocence that wraps around you like a hug.

I Say: I smell the candied almond in this scent very strongly. It is sweet, but the sweet is cut with something kind of uplifting. It is not a typical overly gourmand scent and not exactly what I was thinking of with the name. This scent reminds me a lot of black licorice. It's different then anything I ever smelt before. I like it, but I like Wild Honey & Candy Crush better.

Beach Babe
They Say: Our beach babe intoxicates with the gentle yet enticing scents of tropical breezes, coconut cream, golden suntan oil with a touch of sunshine. Close your eyes and let the warmth of the sun soothe you as the waves and salt air take you away.

I Say: This smells like a prestige sunblock. I mean that in a good way. They did an excellent job capturing the essence of being on a beach in the Summer. I personally don't love coconut scents so this isn't my favorite but anyone who loves coconut, Summery, pina coolada-esque kind of things I feel will go nuts over this one.



 THE PRODUCTS 


Eau de Parfum
I have the perfum in Candy Crush and it is one of the longest smelling perfumes I own. I smell it HOURS after I apply it. It isn't overly strong and doesn't walk into the room before I do which is a very good thing. I think it's cool that pressing on where I sprayed, the scent is re-released!

Hair Fragrance
I have this in Wild Honey and because I am so in love with the scent I spray this all over, including my bedsheets. The fragrance is perfect, not too strong but also not too weak/barely there. The EDP is definitely stronger and it is supposed to be. Truthfully, I don't actually spray this in my hair often but that is only because I have so many products in my hair as is, I don't think it would be very noticeable. If you have fine hair that gets weighed down easily and are looking for something to add shine I think you'd love this one.




Soft Body Whip
(no picture)

LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.  I need more of this. My favorite product from the brand. I kind of used it all up and forgot to take a picture of it for the blog. OOoooppss. The scent I had this in was beach babe and part of me did feel like I was applying sunblock. Perhaps a couple of times I closed my eyes as I applied it and pretending I was, on a beach. Anyway. this formula is crazy good! My favorite body lotion formula that I will re-buy when I use up some of my stash. My skin felt so soft and hydrated and on top of that, it felt smoother than ever and had this nice, natural sheen to it. It contains almond oil, coenzyme Q10, and vitamin E.



Reactive Lush Lip
I have this in Candy Crush too. They say the encapsulated spheres are reactivated when you lick your lips. Well, it tastes so good I couldn't help but keep licking. What amazed me is despite all my licking, my lips never seemed to dry out at all! Application leaves your lips with a clear, shiny gloss that isn't tacky or sticky. It had this odd cooling effect to it actually. An excellent lip gloss.

Wellness Water Mist
This contains purified water, aloe and glycerin to soften and scent the skin. I have this is Angel Cake. Like the Hair Fragrance, the scent isn't as strong as the EDP but still lovely. I usually spray this on my arms and layer the Candy Crush EDP over it for an interesting combination. I can see myself reaching for this very often in the hot, humid weather to refresh my skin.


Overall, I am now a big fan of the I Smell Great Products. I love that they are effective, delicious and not irritating to sensitive noses. I really want the EDP in Wild Honey and have to get my hands on more of that Body Whip! I would love the see them expand to home care and make candles and room fresheners. I also think it would be cool if they did a take on some kind of scent with chocolate in it!

You can shop I Smell Great and read all about their story and brand on www.ismellgreat.com
If you are unsure of scents, they offer a lovely sample pack so you can try them all!


disclaimer: no monetary compensation received for my blog post. All opinions are my own, truthful thoughts, as always.

<3 Diane

3 comments

  1. Omg!!!! I love everything with a hood smell!!
    I was super excited to order somebody lotion than I saw they only ship US :P next package I suppose lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I will totally pick them up for the next ship out :) You will love them- delicious smells & amazing feel!!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top