Peter Thomas Roth Irish Moor Mud Purifying Black Mask

I am a skincare junkie and I especially love face masks. I usually use them twice a week to keep my complexion in tip top shape. I was SO EXCITED when the brand new Irish Moor Mud Purifying Black Mask by Peter Thomas Roth arrived on my doorstep! I have heard of Peter Thomas Roth's brand before but never tried anything from him so I was pretty excited!

Reading up on this mask, it sounded like a dream for my combination skin where I want to focus on treating adult acne AND prevent wrinkles!

Here is what the brand says about the mask:

What it is: A purifying, decongesting, and hydrating mask with odorless Irish moor mud to draw out dirt, oil, and impurities as it infuses skin with moisture and vitamins. Contains no parabens, sulfates or phthalates

With the highest level of organic content in the world, 9,000 year-old black moor mud is harvested by hand from the Irish countryside. Rich in nutrients, essential minerals, and potent antioxidants, it helps protect against skin damage. Black hijiki seaweed provides vital nutrition and hydration as volcanic ash helps revitalize and detoxify skin. Activated charcoal has a magnetic effect that draws impurities and toxins from congested pores. It minimizes the look of pores, fine lines, and wrinkles, leaving skin looking pure, fresh, moisturized, and radiant.

-Irish Moor Mud: Contains an unusually high concentration of purifying bio-minerals, trace elements, vitamins, amino acids, and fatty acids.
-Hijiki Seaweed: Provides nutrition and hydration; contains high levels of calcium, iron, and vitamins B1, B2, and C.
-Volcanic Ash and Activated Charcoal: Contains healing minerals that detoxify, revitalize, and draw out trapped impurities and toxins from clogged pores (shrinking their appearance) for cleaner, more breathable, deeply-purified skin.


I have been using this mask once a week for the past 5 weeks. A little goes a long way so this 5 fl oz jar is
going to last me forever! I feel like this mask is set to target every skin concern ever! I think it's awesome there is an ingredient, Irish Moor Mud, that is 9,000 years old. While I had the mask on i started to think that dinosaurs may have stepped in what is on my face right now- who knows??


The first thing I noticed about this mask was it had absolutely no smell whatever. None! Zip! I don't particularly mind scent but if you are fragrance sensitive with your skincare, that is a major plus right there. It was thick but still easy to apply and spread with no fuss. The directions on the box say to leave it on 10 minutes but the first time I used it I left it on about a half hour and here is why: I am so used to using masks that dry "hard" on your face to let you know when you are done. This one doesn't harden whatsoever. I think that will be a plus for those with more dry or mature skin who want a great face mask that has many benefits.


To remove this mask I wet a wash cloth and gently rubbed it off my face, finishing it by splashing my face with cold water. and patting dry. Instantly, my skin felt super soft and looked a bit more even tone. The first week I used it I noticed break outs a few days after and what a concern. However the next few times I used the mask no new break outs appeared so they could have either been a) completely coincidental or b) the ingredients in the mask causing my face to purge some junk that was already inside.

I do like this mask and the benefits it brings my skin, though for whatever reason I still prefer when masks harden on my face to signal they are done. As mentioned earlier, if you have skin that is dry and you are break out prone I think you may fall in love with them little jar right here.

You can purchase this mask at Ricky's NYC or wherever else Peter Thomas Roth is sold.


disclaimer: product sent to me by Ricky's NYC for Review Consideration. I receive no monetary compensation for my review and all opinions and words are my own, honest thoughts.

<3 Diane


1 comment

  1. Ooh I want to try this! It looks perfect for my dry skin :)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top