April 2015 Birchbox Review

Birchbox time! If you don't know what Birchbox is, be sure to read the details at the end of this blog post!

If you want to sign up for Birchbox, click here!

My April box is a bit of a disappointment. I do like the products they selected for me, but the sample sizes this month overall are so pathetically small. I had the same issue with my Allure Sample Society Box this month (read about that here)

read more after the break!


 This month's box theme is Spring time. This month we had the option of 2 different boxes inspired by the show "Mad Men" or we can go with the regular box and pick 1 of 3 samples. I never saw Mad Men and wasn't super crazy about the choices so I decided to select one product and do the monthly theme. The box this month is a print designed by Rifle Paper Co. It's GORGEOUS! Flowery and Springy, I will be re-using this box for sure!







Now Onto the Products....

-Not Soap, Radio Body Wash- Bathing with sharks 1.2oz
This is a rich foaming cleanser which has an energizing, beachy scent.  I love the smell- it is fresh, uplifting and reminds me of the beach. The turquoise color is absolutely beautiful! I don't mind 1oz shower gels, they are great for traveling. This shower gel left my clean and soft and the smell did linger very slightly.

-Harvey Prince Hello Body Butter .50 fl oz
Last month I received a perfume sample from Harvey Prince that I fell in love with (see here) I was excited to receive something else from this brand. This body butter is made with shea and "hello" is the brands best selling scent with notes of sicilian lemon and spanish mandarin botanicals. I wish the size were a bit bigger, this will be one use on my whole body if even. I've been using it as a hand cream and it leaves my hands soft. The smell is very, very, very FAINT- I almost don't notice the scent at all.



 -Supergoop Advanced SPF 37 Anti-Aging Eye Cream 2ml
What a tiny sample size! Okay now that that's out of the way, this eye cream is supposed to reduce dark cicles, depuff the area and also block UV rays and minimize fine lines. I look forward to trying this out. I have the Supergoop CC cream in my makeup rotation and absolutely adore it. It's similar to my beloved It Cosmetics CC cream, but with a more matte finish.

-Ojon Rare Blend Oil Moisture Therapy 2ml
Rant: 2ml of any hair product for me is a joke. This is what I mean about the small sample sizes this month. That being said, I really like Ojon products. This oil is for medium textured hair and contains several different ingredients from around the world that will hydrate, smooth ends, soften strands, boost shine and reduce frizz at once. There are silicones in here FYI. I actually used a different version of this oil years oil- it had red instead of blue on the packaging. I like that these Ojon rare blend oils help with shine and smoothness. It also has that signature delicious warm, coffee-like Ojon scent I love.

-Jane Iredale Just Kissed Lip and Cheek Stain 
I don't know just how small this is, but man it is tiny! This was the selection I picked out for the month. Aside from size, I do like it! It is a long lasting color that adjusts to your skin for a natural customized shade. If you are thinking of It Cosmetics "Je Ne Sais Quoi" Vitality Lip Flush or the Tarte Cosmetics "Energy" Lipsurgence you are spot on. It's a light, almost clear pink in the tube and adjusts. It leaves my lips and cheeks with the prettiest shade off "my lips but better" pink, a nice amount of glossy finish
and they feel moisturized too.


So overall I do like all my Birchbox selections this month, I just wish the samples were a wee bit bigger. But with these beauty subscription boxes, you are always taking a gamble month to month with if the value will be worth it or not. I still love that even if I get a dud box I can earn my points (see below)

So what is birchbox???
Birchbox is my favorite beauty subscription service. I have tried so many, at one point I think I was subscribed to six of them (!!) but now I just get Birchbox. Why? It's only $10, and though admittedly so, I do occasionally get a dud box, the super awesome rewards program makes up for this misses.

The Birchbox rewards program in a nutshell: when you do reviews of the products they send, you get 10 points. 100 points = $10 in the Birchbox shop which is fully redeemable for full size products! Birchbox also runs sales and extra points offers so if you are a coupon queen like moi, you wait until a promo is going in to cash in your saved up points and have a lovely guilt free haul. Also, any purchase in the Birchbox online shop or SOHO store  gives you points as well.


 If you'd like to sign up for Birchbox, click here!
*signing up through my link gives me 50 Birchbox points at no additional cost to you. Thank you for using my link!


<3 Diane

1 comment

  1. Love your review of your April Birchbox!! I have tried all those products in previous boxes except the Jane lipstick! Feel free to check out my April Birchbox Madmen New York City Edition at my Facebook/Blogger pages, Blueridge Beauty!!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top