I GOT A HAIRCUT TODAY AT THE OUIDAD FLAGSHIP SALON!!

Yes, the all caps title was very much necessary. Today I was fortunate enough to go to the Ouidad Flagship Salon on 57th St (NYC) and have the amazing talented Jason fix my hair. I received a signature "Carve & Slice cut", Deep Treatment and style. I also left with an awesome gift bag of goodies! I can never thank the Ouidad staff enough for how awesome today was.

read more after the break!


Fix? What was wrong? Well I was experiencing SEVERE breakage. It started in December 2014 and only got worse and worse despite my best efforts to fix it. This was last week:
The long scraggly ends just looked pathetic. Despite barely using heat, deep treating like crazy, being super obsessive about my hair always, bleach damage won out and ruined my hair. Jason told me today once your hair gets damaed by chemicals like bleach, it is past the point of return for repair so the options are to cut it out or grow it out. I figured shorter hair that is healthy will look better than longer scraggly patheticness like you see up above.

I wrote about my whole amazing Ouidad Salon Experience on NaturallyCurly.com and you can check that out here. I went into all types of details and everything. But in case you didn't see on my instagram (ps thank you everyone who left me nice comments), here are some pics. Jason was also super sweet and styled it all fun and stuff!

All The Products Used on Me:
(pre cut)
  • Ultra-Nourishing Cleansing Oil
  • Curl Quencher Conditioner
(post cut)
  • Deep Treatment Curl Restoration Therapy
  • Vitalcurl Balancing Rinse Conditioner
  • Moisture Lock Leave In Conditioner
  • Vitalcurl Tress FX Gel
  • Finishing Mist Setting & Holding Spray
  • Shine Glaze Serum
  • Texture Smoothing Frizz & Flyaway Fighter


Now that I don't feel completely terrible about my hair, I will resume posting a lot more pictures and styles and such. I just felt so depressed about the breakage and my hair getting ruined, it was hard. I also have to figure out how to work shorter hair. I can't pineapple at night so that's been a disaster thus far.

I haven't had hair this short in over 12 years. It's weird. I don't like short hair on me and I was honestly dreading it but it turned out 100x better than I expected it to. But I still can't wait for it to grow!
My neck is constantly nonstop cold. I am debating re growing out my natural color (that's a whole new blog post) but now that I am swearing off bleach I know I will be able to re grow my hair longer, stronger and healthier.

By the way, if you are unfamiliar with Ouidad, go play around on their site! They are the only company that caters to 4 different types of curls and they have tons of videos and information on their site here.

More details all about my experience can be found here. I'm so tired now I need to lay down.

Thanks for reading!

<3 Diane

7 comments

  1. Diane, You look beautiful as always.
    ~tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...I'm so out of the loop and didn't realize you were having the problems with breakage. I hope you weren't too upset about having to cut it off, but I have to say that I love it! LOVE IT!! It really shows off your beautiful face and amazing eyes! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it 💕 I had a similar experience. I went platinum last year and got sick of the unevenness and gross ends that I cut it short. With help from my wonderful stylist I'm back a more natural colour and we are working on getting my hair healthy. My waves and curls and slowly looking better too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you made a wise choice of going with a hair that looks healthy, rather than one that is problematic. Anyway, it all depends on how you’ll style your hair from then on. And it’s awesome that you ended up choosing a salon that satisfied your needs, and then some. Thanks for sharing your experience with us! Cheers!

    Sadie Montgomery @ Hoshall’s Folsom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your short hair looks fabulous! Do you mind me asking a ballpark figure for price for a Ouidad cut?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Catching up on your blog and my heart was breaking with yours as you were describing your breakage but this CUT this cut is amazing!! So nice to see the smile in your eyes!!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top