SheaMoisture Zanzibar Marine Complex Body Products Review

SheaMoisture recently released a new body and hair care collection exclusively at Target. The Zanzibar Marine Complex collection is part of the Community Commerce program where 10% of the sales go to the Community Commerice Initiative to help fight poverty. It's wonderful to get some quality products for yourself and know you are helping others at the same time. Being a big fan of everything SheaMoisture, I jumped for joy when I saw the new display.

read my review after the break!


I picked up some hair products as well, those will come in a later review- but for now I will be focused on reviewing the body products I bought. Aside from the oil, hand cream and body lotion there is also a body polish and shower gel I did not buy yet (primarily because it takes me forever to use up shower gels and I have a ton of them!!)


THE BOTTLES
Before I even get to reviewing the actual products, I must talk quickly about the packaging. I am utterly obsessed with this gorgeous blue turquoise color of all the products! It reminds me of the Ocean (Marine Complex) and just looking at it makes me happy. The color is so tranquil I refuse to put the products away, so they hang out on my desk.

THE INGREDIENTS
The Zanzibar Marine Complex collection is supposed to help replenish and rejuvenate the skin featuring Black Pearl Protein & Sea Buckthorn Oil.
  • Zanzibar Marine Complex- A blend of Kelp. Red Algae and other Marine Algae extracts hydrate, nourish and protect the skin.
  • Black Pearl Protein- A symbol of timeless elegance. Helps moisturize and nourish skin while protecting against environmental effects.
  • Sea Buckthorn Oil- Fatty acids, Phytosterols and vitamins protect and nourish the skin.
Like all SheaMoisture, these products are formulated without parabens, sulfates, phthalates, paraffin, dioxin, proplyene glycol, mineral oil, synthetic fragrance, synthetic color, DEA and animal testing!
THE SMELL
I am obsessed with the scent of this collection! Dare I say it may even be my favorite SheaMoisture scent- even more than Superfruit (which I LOVE) It's so hard to pinpoint exactly what this smells like, it is very unique. To me it smells fresh and clean with a touch of special sweetness. I say special because the sweetness is not gourmand, nor is it really fruity. It's just so good! I find it to be soft and not overwhelming. My boyfriend who has a sensitive nose and can't handle a lot of fragrance due to his allergies likes the smell also.

THE PRODUCTS

 Replenish Rejuvenate Body Lotion
The label says this will help prevent the signs of premature aging and transform skin to look youthful, dewy and radiant. I have been using it after the shower the past couple days and I am in love. My skin absorbs it so quickly, it's lightweight and leaves me feeling so silky smooth. I do notice it leaves a nice glow to my skin and more even tone that I even see hours later. I wish it was in a pump instead of flip cap, but that's just personal preference.
 Replenish & Rejuvenate Hand Cream
I bought one of these on my first Target trip and went back for a second while SheaMoisture was still on sale. If my wallet allowed, I would hoard way more. The label says it will infuse skin with moisture while brightening and toning plus it will infuse skin with moisture and help treat even the driest hands. I love that this hand cream is very thick, but not tacky and greasy like some thick hand creams can be. It leaves my skin soft and my nails shiny. I am prone to split cuticles so I rub some extra around them as well. I am actually going through this product kind of quickly only because I am reaching for it way more than I really need to keep smelling the wonderful scent. My hands feel so soft and lovely.

Replenish & Rejuvenate Bath, Body & Massage Oil
After trying the body lotion and hand cream, I went back to get this product too. I originally didn't think I needed it but I was so wrong. The label says it will help soften, protect and rejuvenate skin and help to replenish and lock in moisture to give skin a healthy youthful glow. I like using the lotion right after the shower so I have been applying the oil right before bed at night. I love the glow I am noticing. A little goes a long way and like the lotion, my skin absorbs it quickly. The oil is lightweight, I would compare it to the consistency of pure Argan Oil, maybe even a bit thinner. This oil is totally clear which is great because I plan on using some in my hair as a pre-poo as well. I've already dabbed some on my super dry ends and it softened them immediately.






Difference in consistencies of body lotion and hand cream. The hand cream is thicker,

left: body lotion / right: hand cream

All three body products from the SheaMoisture Marine Complex line are on my rebuy list. This line is soo good! I have to try the body wash and body polish in the future. I will do a full review of the hair products soon- I picked up the styling cream, leave in conditioner and regular conditioner. I used the regular conditioner as a leave in yesterday and sneak peek: wow! hi shine!!


disclaimer: products bought with my own money. no monetary compensation received for my reviews. all opinions and thoughts are my own and honest views.

<3 Diane

2 comments

  1. sounds amazing! I never tried body products from Shea Moisture, but I bet they are amazing like the hair products!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just purchased the body lotion from target & love the smell as well :). They're products are the best!!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top