SheaMoisture Zanzibar Marine Complex Conditioner & Leave In Review

SheaMoisture recently released their new Zanzibar Marie Complex as part of the "Made to Matter" Collection exclusively at Target. 10% of the sales go to the Community Commerice Initiative to help fight poverty. I reviewed some of the body products a few weeks ago here and today I will be reviewing the Conditioner and the Leave In Conditioner from this collection! See my thoughts after the break!

All of the products in the Zanzibar Marine Complex Hair Line are Age Defying and Color Protecting. You don't need to color your hair to benefit from these, as they can also help enhance and product your natural hair color as well. I have been using the Conditioner and Leave-In in my rotation for a few weeks now.





Featured Ingredients:
  • Zanzibar Marine Complex- A blend of Kelp and Carrageenan (Red Algae), rich in polysaccharides, protect and moisturize hair.
  • Black Pearl Protein- A natural marine protein and a symbol of timeless elegance. Fortifies and supports hair structure.
  • Sea Buckthorn Oil- Rich in Omegas 3, 6, 7 and 9 quench and condition for stronger and thicker hair.
THE SMELL
The hair products have the same lovely unique scent to them which I adore. From my blog on the body products this is how I describe it: "To me it smells fresh and clean with a touch of special sweetness. I say special because the sweetness is not gourmand, nor is it really fruity. It's just so good! I find it to be soft and not overwhelming"

THE BOTTLES
Also like the body products, the bottles are the most beautiful turquoise color that literally make me feel happier by looking at them! That probably sounds weird, but it's true. It reminds me of the ocean and Beach. I purposely keep these products out so I can look at them.


THE PRODUCTS

Conditioner
What the Brand Says: A nutrient-rich daily conditioner infused with our exclusive blend of oils and marine botanicals that restores moisture while detangling hair. Added protein fortifies, conditions and protects the hair from color-fade, environmental stressors and future damage. Hair looks youthful and vibrant.

What I Say: If you know me, you probably know I don't use regular conditioners, just deep treatments and like using "conditioners" as my leave in after the shower. This conditioner is thick, but not too thick, the actual cream itself even has shine and feels wonderfully slippery. I use 4 pumps (I love that there is a pump) for my whole head, applying section by section as the first thing on wet hair post shower. I do not squeeze out extra water before applying. What I notice when I use this solo (or mixed with other SheaMoisture conditioners) as a leave in more than anything else is the added shine my hair has. It's amazing a conditioner can provide such shine to my hair and I am utterly impressed by it. My hair also feels soft as well. It isn't super light to where I feel nothing and also not very heavy where it weighs my hair down. I like the fact there is protein in here to help repair my hair. This may be a near perfect hair product if I ever tried one. I absolutely want to keep this in my rotation.



Leave-In Conditioner
What the Brand Says: A hybrid conditioning styler that absorbs instantly to hydrate and fight frizz. Our exclusive blend of oils, and marine botanicals including Carrageenan (Red Algae) adds shine and definition to any style.

What I Say: This product was certainly interesting. It comes in a spray bottle so I was expecting it to be more of a liquid but it sprays a thin cream! I never saw anything like this before. It really does absorb into my hair super quickly as the label says. The directions say you can use it on wet or dry hair. I haven't used it on wet hair because I find the Conditioner to be plenty effective. On dry hair is is supposed to refresh your style. I used it on day 2 and day 3 hair to refresh. I am not as wowed as I am with the Conditioner but I also don't think it's bad. It does help with frizz and to reform some wonky waves. It also leaves my hair feeling pretty soft which is nice. I wish it would add shine to my dry hair as well, that would make it really awesome. Now that I tried it out on it's own to review I plan on adding it to a mix I make using the Anti-Breakage Milk (olive label) and Strengthen & Grow lotion (pale yellow label) to get the benefits of these ingredients with them on days old hair. I can't be the only person who likes mixing SheaMoisture products from all their different lines to get the benefits from everything, right?

I wish SheaMoisture released a deep treatment in this line because I think it would be incredible.
I want to try the Shampoo so bad, but I can't justify it right now because I have way too many Shampoos and it takes me so long to go through them! Too bad they don't have mini sizes.
I also picked up the styling cream from this line but haven't had a chance to use it yet. I will review once I do.

disclaimer: products bought with my own money. no monetary compensation received for my reviews. all opinions and thoughts are my own and honest views.

<3 Diane



No comments

Back to Top