Week 1 of Design Essentials Naturals Quinoa & Bamboo Hair Repair



A few weeks ago, Cristina from NaturallyCurly.com posted a video about how she used the Design Essentials Naturals Quinoa & Bamboo Hair Repair Collection with Biotin. In the video, she stated how it brought her damaged curls back to life. Immediately impressed by the before and after over her continued use, I knew I had to try this product for my own damaged curls!

read more and see pics after the break!



Here is what Design Essentials Naturals says about the product on their site:

"NO HEAT, NO WAIT SYSTEM!
Formulated with Quinoa & Bamboo, and powered by Biotin, this unique Hair Repair Collection is a suite of products designed for intense hair replenishing, strengthening and repairing for all hair types.

ELIMINATE DRY, BRITTLE HAIR IN 3 QUICK AND EASY STEPS!


WITH JUST ONE USE

·  Hair feels stronger & healthier a

·  Minimize split ends & breakagea

·  Eliminate dullness & drynessa

·  Intensify shinea

·  Deliver instant hydrationa

·  Increase body & fullnessa

WITH CONTINUED USE

·  Reverse the cycle of damage

·  Eliminates split ends & breakage

·  Increases hair’s elasticity, porosity & moisture content

·  Increases hair’s strength, shine & resilience

·  Improves length retention

·  Reinforces hair’s internal structure


BAMBOO EXTRACT The richest known source of silica, Bamboo Extract contains over 70% natural silica. This excellent source for hair growth and strength is 10 times more potent than horsetail.

BIOTIN This essential water-soluble B Vitamin (B7) promotes healthy, strong hair and protects it against dryness. It prevents breakage by increasing the elasticity of the hair’s cortex.


NO MINERAL OIL – NO PARABENS – NO DYES – NO SULFATES – NO PETROLATUM – NO D.E.A – NO T.E.A. FOR OPTIMAL RESULTS, MUST USE WEEKLY AS A PART OF SYSTEM: ONE TREATMENT PER WEEK FOR FOUR WEEKS."
  
I LOVE when hair products have biotin in them, I feel it is one of the best ingredients you can take internally and externally for hair. I was so excited to give this a go and will document my progress.

hair soaking wet right after shower
slowly air drying. clip in place to help wonky curl dry nicely.

You use this system once a week for 4 consecutive weeks in place of regular shampoo and masks. The box says that you "Must Repeat Weekly for At Least 4 Weeks for Maximum Strengthening" so that is what I plan to do. Yesterday (Monday) I used the system for the first time.


The package comes with the sulfate free shampoo as step 1, the hair repair liquid strengthening masque as step 2 and hair repair leave-in conditioning sealant as step 3. The bottles are SO SMALL. The shampoo is a nice 4 oz but the Step 2 and Step 3 sprays are only 2oz each. I hope they last me the 4 weeks or I will have to run to Sally Beauty and buy more. We will see.
roots still wet
The directions state to shampoo your hair as normal. Then towel dry hair a bit, spray hair with step 2 saturating it and let it sit for 5 minutes without rinsing. After 5 minutes, stay step 3 on top of it and sit another 5 minutes. Then proceed with regular styling. I followed the directions exactly as stated, and styled as usual.
Waiting 5 minutes between each step was not bad at all.  did my other post shower bathroom stuff (face care, body lotion, etc) in between. It was nice and different to not have to apply a deep conditioner, sit with a shower cap for a half hour, then go back in the shower to rinse it out. The whole leaving the masque part in is time saving and super convenient.
roots still wet
 I used the following products to style after I used this system:

  • ·         Kerastase Initialiste (scalp only)
  • ·         Alterna Caviar Lengthening Elixir
  • ·         Shea Moisture- a mix of a few of their conditioners I use as a leave in
  • ·         Ouidad Tress FX Gel
  • ·          SheaMoisture Intense Hydration Oil to seal

I applied my styling products using the Ouidad "Rake & Shake" method and did not plop or twist my hair in a towel. I did scrunch out a bit of the excess water. I then let me dry from sopping wet which took forever.

All three products have a light, fresh, perfumey smell to them that is not bothersome to me.

The shampoo is clear and I was worried it was going to leave my hair feeling stripped. It did have a decent amount of lather to it but when I rinsed it my hair felt so soft and moisturized! I was pleasantly surprised!!
So for first use I am really impressed! Especially because this is relatively inexpensive (it cost me about $15 at Sally Beauty) and you don't need it to be heat activated. 

Above anything else, I notice my hair had this great shine to it, even the more damaged end parts. I also noticed frizz was at an extreme minimum and I had some lovely increased curl definition! My hair won't be as curly until it grows, because for whatever reason the longer my hair gets the curlier it gets. It did dry with the slightest amount of crunch but it softened up with no broken when I broke it up once it was all dry.
roots are more dry here.
I look forward to seeing what continued use of this system will do to bring my hair back to life! Check back for Week 2 next week!

My roots were still a little bit wet in these pictures. I washed my hair around 12 noon and took them around 7pm. Even Jason at Ouidad could not believe how long it took to diffuse my hair. So strange! Also, apologies for being 100% makeup free in these pictures, but I was home doing things around the house and nursing a cold so there was no need to have any makeup on.

Information on the box:



disclaimer: product bought by me. no monetary compensation received for my review. all thoughts are my own, honest opinions, as always.

Thanks for reading!
<3 Diane

No comments

Back to Top