Week 3 of Design Essentials Naturals Quinoa & Bamboo Hair Repair

I can't believe I am on the third week of the Design Essentials Naturals Quinoa & Bamboo Hair Repair System! I am really impressed with this kit so far. If you missed it, be sure to check out my Week 1 blog here which also explains the benefits and what the products do and my Week 2 results blog here.

As a quick reminder, using this system for 4 consecutive weeks should give up to 10x stronger hair and help eliminate split-ends, breakage plus increase body and shine.

More information and pics for Week 3 after the break!


Apologies for once again taking pictures with no makeup on. I had nowhere exciting to go today so there was no point. Also my roots are still a little bit wet in these pictures but if I waited any later to take them, it would have been dark.

As usual, the night before I used an essential oils mix on my scalp and pre pooed the lengths of my hair with coconut oil. Before using the Design Essentials Hair Repair System this morning, I use the Tweak-d Ultra Nourishing Self Cleansing Cream on dry hair for about 10 minutes. A full review on the tweak-d products will be posted when NC posts my article I submitted with the review ;)

After Shampooing and using Step 2 and 3 of the Hair Repair as directed, I used the following products to style:
  • Kerastase Initialiste (scalp only!)
  • SheaMoisture Zanzibar Marine Complex Conditioner as a leave in
  • SheaMoisture Yucca & Plantain Anti-Breakage Firm Hold Gel Cream
  • SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Blend
I applied the products using the Ouidad "Rake & Shake" technique and clipped my hairline pieces back to dry them stretched out like the pics below:

I noticed during the week I still had a little breakage happening, most likely from my still bleached ends. One night I actually took a scissor and snipped some split ends I found that were down to like a single strand. Eeekk!!! Oddly enough, at the same time, I also feel as if my hair might have gotten a little longer already- or maybe that was because I haven't been overly encouraging my curls in exchange for a bit more length. During the week I did notice minimal frizz and my hair felt so soft which has nice.


Though the shapes of my waves look a little weird, I like the shine, lack of frizz and soft feel my hair has. Week 3 and the Hair Repair System continues to please me with my results. Like the previous weeks, I also love how it saves time. I really notice such nice shine again today. As a whole, my hair is also feeling more manageable.




There are parts of my hair today where there are no two ways about it that I have better curl definition then I have. I wish my whole head would take notes. The hair you don't see, the underneath layer are so much better looking than the top. Frustrations. These sections are so nice and defined!

I am happy to also report I think I have enough spray left in Steps 2 & 3 for Week 4 next week! If you recall from the past two blogs, I was concerned that the small size of the bottles plus me not scrimping on product application could have potentially led to me running out of them too quickly. Of course, I'll know 100% next week.


Today was the first time I tried that new SheaMoisture Yucca & Plantain Anti-Breakage Firm Hold Gel Cream. Wow that is a mouthful of a product name.I will have a detailed individual review of it soon, but so far so good! I did notice some white clumps when I applied it over the other conditioner as a leave in, but when my hair dried I don't see the clumps or flakes! Yay! I think the gel cream has excellent hold and it didn't leave my hair feeling hard or crunchy. I also like that it can help strengthen the hair and reduce frizz and split ends because of the great ingredients inside. This gel cream may be a big winner, but as mentioned I'll have a better evaluation soon when I use it a few more times.



Another concern I have been having is because I really do not love how my hair looks down at this length (grow, hair. GROW) I have been wearing it back a lot. Because my hair also has low elasticity I don't want a permanant dent in my wave pattern from doing this so I am trying to make it a point to clip it, headband it, tie it or do whatever in different spots each day. I also don't tie it back too tight because that hosts a whole 'nother list of problems.

My hair is uneven. This is because of the breakage but the left side of my hair looks so much better than the right. The right is too piecy and has gaps and I can't wait for grwoth. I really don't like all my hair down. I feel it looks so much better even clipping up a little section on the right side like this:


Here's to quick growth and even better results with week 4!

Thanks for reading.
<3 Diane





No comments

Back to Top