Dessange Paris California Blonde CC Brass Color Correcting Creme

Although I am currently growing out my natural color which is more of a strawberry blonde, for years my hair has been lighter blonde and I have tried so many products to help fight the brass and the natural red tones my hair likes to pull. Today I am reviewing a product I have been using for quite a few months, the Dessnage Paris California Blonde CC Brass Color Correcting Creme I picked up at Target. I really like this product- I am on my second tube! Read on for more information.

This product has blue pigments in it to correct unwanted brassy color. Blue is opposite of the color wheel from orange and brass so it makes sense to use a blue (or purple) product to help. This treatment comes in a 4.2oz rinse out treatment tube. I LOVE the smell- it smells like sweet grapes :) Aside from the blue pigments, it also contains linseed oil to help nourish the hair fiber.

The directions on the box state to use it on wet hair and let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes. I usually use this once a week and I will apply it directly over whatever other deep conditioner I used that day for the last 10 minutes before rinsing. I comb it through with my fingers or a wide tooth comb to distribute evenly. You can also use it alone but I still saw excellent results using it over other products.




With any blue or purple toning product, you don't want to leave it on too long, as it may result in your hair turning lavender or grey (it happened to me in the past). You also want to make sure you rinse it out very thoroughly. It turns the shower water such a pretty shade of blue. You'll know it is all rinsed out when the water starts rinsing clear with no color.

I like that this product not only helps color correct  the brassiness my hair is so prone to getting, but it also does moisturize the hair. Products I have used previously for toning helped fight the brass, but at the same time didn't leave my hair feeling soft. Either that or the pigment wasn't a deep enough blue or purple to tone.

Overall, I highly recommend trying this product out if you have unwanted brassiness or orange tones in your hair.

disclaimer: product purchased with my own money. no monetary compensation received for my reviews. All thoughts are my own honest opinions.

<3 Diane

No comments

Back to Top