Hair of the Day: Day 1 & Day 2 ft SheaMoisture, Briogeo & more

Over the weekend I had some nice day 1 and day 2 hair. I usually do my weekend hair posts on Monday but was out all day yesterday so please forgive me. I couldn't believe the definition I got on my freshly washed hair on Saturday! I was so excited with it. Read on for more.

Saturday was day 1 hair. As usual the night before I slept with essentials oils on my scalp and coconut oil through my length. Before I worked out on Saturday morning I applied the Tweak-D Ultra Nourish Cleansing Treatment throughout my hair (click here to read my tweak-d review if you haven't)

I then used the following in shower:
  • Shampoo: Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kind Co-Wash on scalp and lengths with SheaMoisture Anti-Breakage Shampoo on scalp only
  • Treatment: Ouidad Mediterranean Bay Leaf Scalp Exfoliator (scalp only)
  • Conditioners: SheaMoisture Anti-Breakage Masque mixed with Curl Junkie Curl Rehab Treatment. Left in about a half hour then Dessange Blonde CC Creme on top for 5 minutes to tone
Right after rinsing with cold water I applyed the following to soaking wet hair using the Ouidad Rake and Shake tecnique:
  • Kerastase Initialiste (scalp only)
  • Alterna Lengthening Elixir
  • SheaMoisture mix of conditioners as a leave in
  • SheaMoisture Anti-Breakage Wave Defining Lotion
  • Briogeo Roscarco Oil
Once my hair was mostly all air dried, I applied some VERB forming fiber to the ends to temporarily seal the splits.

sorry this is blurry. boyfriend rushed to take it.=/
Things I noticed:
Not a lot of hair in the shower drain again (YAY!)
My hair had awesome shine
I had excellent definition AND DIDN'T USE A GEL!
I wish my hair, specifically the roots, didn't take forever to air dry all the time.

roots still a little wet here

roots still a little wet here

roots still a little wet here
I really am falling in love with the newly reformulated SheaMoisture Yucca & Plantain Anti-Breakage line. I will have a detailed review on the whole line the end of this month or beginning of next month so be on the look out.

These pictures below you can see that my hair is nearly 4 different colors now. I am considering doing a demi permanent on all of the non-virgin hair to get the lighter blonde to tone down a little.


Day 2 was Mother's Day and I went with my quick go to half up, half down style clipped back. I applied a mix of the Carol's Daughter leave in sprays and a mix of SheaMoisture lotions/leave ins for treatment, added softness and frizz control before clipping it back. On Day 3 (not pictured) I did the same thing with the half up and half down but since i worked out on Day 3 I used the Herbal Cleanse Dry Shampoo on Scalp.


I didn't realize I wore 2 blue/navy shirts 2 days in a row. ha.

Thanks for reading.
<3 Diane


1 comment

  1. I think the color is really pretty! I love the gradient of colors, it's so beach sunkissed! And wow girl this definition!!! I need to try that lotion from sm!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top