May 2015 Birchbox Review

I really like May's Birchbox for the most part! If you don't know what Birchbox is, be sure to read the details at the end of this blog post!

If you want to sign up for Birchbox, click here!

read more after the break!






This month's Birchbox was curated by the blogger Cupcakes and Cashmere. The orange box was very pretty! I had the option to select a different curated box or select one of my items like I usually do, but since none of the options really thrilled me I decided to have this whole month be a surprise! What a surprise it was to find a full size product from one of my favorite brands in here! 



This recipe was also in the box with a promo to subscribe to domino magazine:

Now the products...


-Marcelle Hydra-C 24H Energizing Hydrating Gel
This is a lightweight vitamin-packed moisturizer that goes on cool and brightens the skin. I haven't tried it just yet, I figured the cooling aspect would feel nice when it gets super hot this summer.

-Beauty Protector Beauty Wash Body Cleanser
I have received hair products from this brand in past Birchboxes and they were nice, what excited me most about this body wash was it had that signature Beauty Protector deliciously sweet scent! I can't pinpoint it, but it is gourmand-ish and yummy. The cleanser left my skin soft and clean. I love the cute logo on the bottle.

-Dr. Jart+ BB Night Beauty Balm
This is a tinted cream that hydrates and brightens skin day or night without clogging pores. It is interesting how it starts off clear with white dots and magically morphs into your skin color. Because of the tint, I wouldn't use it at night because I don't want it on my pillows but a BB cream during the day with no SPF doesn't make sense to me. Meh.



 -Mally Evercolor Waterproof Automatic Eyeliner
This is full size and worth $18! Considering the whole box was $10 (or less since I have the yearly subscription) this month well paid for itself. Mally Beauty is one of my favorite cosmetic brands and if you haven't tried the line yet, you are missing out. Side note- I miss her like crazy on QVC! I wonder what's going on!? Anyway, I got the shade "Navy" which I love it really brings out my blues. Having used this liner in the past (and actually used up the whole thing!) I can say this liner glides on like butter and works equally well on the inner and outer eye rims!



-Shu Uemura Color Lustre Brilliant Glaze Thermo-Milk
Pillow pack sample =( So disappointed the size is so small. Anyway, I have heard of this brand and have aleways wanted to try them so now I can, at least on part of my hair since I doubt this sample would cover my whole head. Anyway, this is a nourishing leave-in which safeguards color, protects against heat and adds a soft hold. I don't use heat but I plan on trying it anyway to see how it feels, etc. Something called "Musk Rose Oil" is in here that sounds so cool- it is a rich blend of fatty acids and vitamin A and Goji Berry Extract is in here too for added antioxidants.







This month's box wasn't bad! I am happy with the products and glad I only received one pillow pack sample.


So what is birchbox???
Birchbox is my favorite beauty subscription service. I have tried so many, at one point I think I was subscribed to six of them (!!) but now I just get Birchbox. Why? It's only $10, and though admittedly so, I do occasionally get a dud box, the super awesome rewards program makes up for this misses.

The Birchbox rewards program in a nutshell: when you do reviews of the products they send, you get 10 points. 100 points = $10 in the Birchbox shop which is fully redeemable for full size products! Birchbox also runs sales and extra points offers so if you are a coupon queen like moi, you wait until a promo is going in to cash in your saved up points and have a lovely guilt free haul. Also, any purchase in the Birchbox online shop or SOHO store  gives you points as well.


 If you'd like to sign up for Birchbox, click here!
*signing up through my link gives me 50 Birchbox points at no additional cost to you. Thank you for using my link!


<3 Diane





No comments

Back to Top