The Incredible (at home) Ouidad Mega Hair Treatment

The other day I saw an ad for a special "Damage Treatment" at the Ouidad Salon. I wanted it immediately but it is pricey and beyond what I can afford at the moment. I always am interested in anything to help my damaged hair. I was talking to the wonderful Melanie who is the Assistant VP of Creative and Education for the brand and she said I would most likely benefit from using the Deep Treatment Restoration Therapy treatment at home and then sealing with the Curl Recovery Melt Down Extreme mask! This is beyond brilliant so of course I tried it. Apologies now I almost forgot to take pictures by the time my hair air dried so the pictures here were all taken not only completely makeup-less, but with an Argan & Maracuja Oil mix I use nightly on my face- thus the extra shine. Read on for more.

Melanie said by sealing the Deep Treatment with the Melt Down mask "This restructures internal to external from external to internal.  The best of both worlds." Luckily I had just enough Melt Down Extreme mask left for one use at home. I absolutely have to pick more of it up since it is a little jar of magic.

Having used both products by themselves (well the deep treatment you can't use alone, you must seal it with a conditioner- so I usually use the Ouidad Balancing Rinse)  with excellent results each time, I was looking forward to seeing with the combination would do.


The Deep Treatment Restoration Therapy is used with heat, in my case I used it under my Huetiful Hair Steamer for 20 minutes. It is full of protein and amino acids to help rebuild and fortify hair structure, nourish

  • Rebuilds and fortifies curls' inner structure
  • Nourishes to help reduce frizz and unwanted volume
  • Helps curls regain internal weight and strength for improved shape and definition
  • - See more at: https://www.ouidad.com/shop/by-product-type/treatment/deep-treatment.html#product-detail-tab

  • Rebuilds and fortifies curls' inner structure
  • Nourishes to help reduce frizz and unwanted volume
  • Helps curls regain internal weight and strength for improved shape and definition
  • - See more at: https://www.ouidad.com/shop/by-product-type/treatment/deep-treatment.html#product-detail-tab
     to help reduce frizz and unwanted volume and help curls regain internal weight and strength for improved shape and definition.

    The Curl Recovery Melt Down Extreme Mask contains Fatty Acids to rebuild, nourish and protect, and active ingredients to help restore hair's protective lipid barrier and prevent future damage. After using the Deep Treatment with my steamer, I applied the Melt Down Mask right over it and left it on for about 15 minutes.



    My results thrilled me. I was a bit sad I decided to do this on a day I didn't even leave the house for people to see! Detangling was such a breeze, my hair felt so soft beyond belief, I had good definition, shine and minimal frizz. Overall, it was a great hair day.  Even when I woke up today with day 2 hair my hair still felt so soft and looked pretty good before doing anything to it- which is huge because ever since my cut I haven't been able to figure out just how to sleep on my hair for it to just wake up and look decent (I can't wait to pineapple again)

    I used the following styling products, applying them section by section on soaking wet hair using Ouidad's Rake and Shake Technique:
    • Kerastase Initialiste (scalp only)
    • Alterna Length Elixir (I can't wait to be done with this stuff. I don't think it does a thing but I'll use it up)
    • Mix of 3 SheaMoisture conditioners as a leave in
    • Ouidad Vitalcurl Tress Effects Gel
    • Briogeo Rosarco Oil (I used this all up. Sad- need to buy more because I loved it)
    I placed clips along my face framing pieces for them to dry a bit stretched out.

    I may have went a tiny bit too heavy handed with the oil in the back, but it's okay.  I really can't wait especially for the shorter broken pieces to grow out!


     If you are suffering from extreme damaged hair, I totally say you should give this at home treatment a try! I plan on using this at least once a month now.

    *Note: the bottle in my picture says 12 Minute Deep Treatment, it is the same thing as the Deep Treatment Restoration Therapy- the product was renamed recently.

    In case you missed it, check out my detailed review of the melt down mask and the rest of the curl recovery line by Ouidad here

    <3 Diane




  • Rebuilds and fortifies curls' inner structure
  • Nourishes to help reduce frizz and unwanted volume
  • Helps curls regain internal weight and strength for improved shape and definition
  • - See more at: https://www.ouidad.com/shop/by-product-type/treatment/deep-treatment.html#product-detail-tab

  • Rebuilds and fortifies curls' inner structure
  • Nourishes to help reduce frizz and unwanted volume
  • Helps curls regain internal weight and strength for improved shape and definition
  • - See more at: https://www.ouidad.com/shop/by-product-type/treatment/deep-treatment.html#product-detail-tab

  • Rebuilds and fortifies curls' inner structure
  • Nourishes to help reduce frizz and unwanted volume
  • Helps curls regain internal weight and strength for improved shape and definition
  • - See more at: https://www.ouidad.com/shop/by-product-type/treatment/deep-treatment.html#product-detail-tab

  • Rebuilds and fortifies curls' inner structure
  • Nourishes to help reduce frizz and unwanted volume
  • Helps curls regain internal weight and strength for improved shape and definition
  • - See more at: https://www.ouidad.com/shop/by-product-type/treatment/deep-treatment.html#product-detail-tab

    No comments

    Back to Top