VERB Shampoo & Conditioner: My Review

I have grown quite fond of the VERB products in recent weeks. I have dedicated several posts to reviewing them which I will post at the bottom of this blog if you'd like to read. VERB has become one of not only my but also my boyfriend's favorite product lines! Not only is the line affordable at $14 per item, but the products work on all different types of hair. Read on for more.

The VERB Shampoo and Conditioner are incredible. A few weeks ago, I had Tommie (my boyfriend) try them out for his fine, straight hair. He loved them so much he refused to give them back to me so I can take them home and try them. (Read his review here) Being a good girlfriend I let him keep the products he loved so much- plus they have been making his hair look consistently beautiful.Still, I wanted to try them for my hair which is very opposite of his.


Anyway, I have been using other VERB products and kept wanting to try this Shampoo and Conditioner. Unfortunate circumstances had be stay over at his house for more than a week. I usually try not to wash my hair by him (curly and wavy girls know how time consuming hair wash day is) but this time there was no way around it- so I would try the Shampoo & Conditioner.

Apologies in advance I didn't take any pictures of my hair while using them, taking pictures was really the very last thing on my mind that week.

I used both products twice and followed up with other VERB stylers one day and some beloved SheaMoisture products the other. By the way, I am also testing out the VERB curl cream which I will have a seperate review on- it is incredible!


Hydrating Shampoo
What the Brand Says: This gentle cleanse formula replenishes moisture, preserves color and protects against heat styling leaving hair soft, smooth and tangle-free. Our shampoo is free of sulfates, parabens, gluten, and is vegan friendly. Argan Oil penetrates the pores of the hair follicle and enhances the elasticity of the hair while adding shine. Antioxidant properties helps improve hair strength, minimize fly-aways and frizziness. Pro-vitamin B5 moisturizes and smoothes dry hair. Hydrolyzed quinoa protein naturally conditions and smoothes hair. Hydrolyzed vegetable keratin protein keeps hair strong and pliable. Sunflower seed extract provides natural UV protection while guarding against dryness, color fading and brassiness.
What I Say: I think it's cool a non purple or blue shampoo can fight brassiness! Being sulfate free is important to me too. This shampoo really is nice- my hair felt clean once I rinse it.  It felt pretty soft and hydrated but a tad "squeaky" once I rinsed it which concerned me at first. The squeakiness went away immediately once I used the conditioner after.  


Conditioner
What the Brand Says: Verb Hydrating Conditioner repairs damage for touchably soft hair. Formulated to wash away clean while providing intense moisture and natural shine. Pro-vitamin B5 moisturizes and smoothes dry hair. Hydrolyzed quinoa protein naturally conditions and smoothes hair. Argan Oil penetrates the pores of the hair follicle and enhances the elasticity of the hair while adding shine.  Antioxidant properties helps improve hair strength, minimize fly-aways and frizziness. Meadowfoam seed oil strengthens and repairs hair, while providing weightless bounce. Hydrolyzed vegetable keratin protein keeps hair strong and pliable. Sunflower seed extract provides natural UV protection while guarding against dryness, color fading and brassiness.
What I Say: I LOVE this conditioner. Here's the thing- I usually never use a conditioner, I always use deep treatments and masques after shampoo. Because I was short on time and wanted to try these products out- I used the conditioner as a conditioner. On wet hair, after shampooing. I left it on around 5 minutes. I love that this conditioner feels very rich yet it does not feel heavy! I was able to detangle with no problems. When I rinsed it my hands glided over my hair like silk and my hair felt happily moisturized. I was shocked I was actually able to use a regular conditioner and my hair came out really nice! The other plus is this conditioner is concentrated so I didn't need to use half the bottle to effectively cover all of my hair.


Using this Shampoo ans Conditioner combo my hair was beyond soft, had excellent shine and minimal frizz! My wave definition lasted for 4 days too. Tommie even commented that he never ever felt my hair so soft than it was after I used this duo.

One of the days I washed with the duo i used the leave in mist as my leave in. I usually use regular conditioners as leave in and I have been loving this product as a refresher spray for day 2 or 3 hair. Once again, VERB blew my mind and the spray was perfect to hydrate my hair without weighing it down. Sometimes I get nervous if products aren't heavy enough my hair will get too poofy or frizzy. Neither issue happened using these products.
a different day when I used VERB stying products

What else is amazing is this is the first time Tommie & I agreed and love the same shampoo & conditioner! When we go away this Summer on vacation we agreed to bring all VERB products to share which is going to make packing a lot lighter!

I want to continue using the VERB Shampoo & Conditioner and Leave In Mist. Unfortunately I am almost out of my mist and need my own set of the S & C. I know Ricky's NYC carries the line in stores but not on their site yet. I don't live too close to a Ricky's NYC so I may make a trip to Manhattan soon just to pick them up!

More VERB blog post:
-Tommie's Review of Shampoo, Conditioner and Volume Spray plus our reviews of Forming Fiber and Finishing Polish- CLICK HERE.
-My Review of Dry Shampoo, Leave In Mist, Ghost Oil & Styling Cream- CLICK HERE.
-Day 2 Hair of the Day with Verb Products- CLICK HERE.



disclaimer: products sent for review consideration. no monetary compensation was received for the review and all opinions are our own and honest thoughts, as always.

<3 Diane

No comments

Back to Top