DS.Laboratories Revita High Performance Hair Stimulating Shampoo

For a few weeks now I have been using the DS. Laboratories Revita LT High Performance Hair Stimulating Shampoo. This shampoo is described as "a unique and powerful combination of ingredients specially designed to maintain scalp vitality and act against follicular dysfunction to achieve the best results in a short period of time" In other words, it is supposed to help with hair growth. Because I am desperately trying to re-grow my hair long, strong and healthy ASAP I was excited to put this shampoo to the test. Read on for more!


This is what RickysNYC.com where you can purchase this product says about it:
"Resulting from cutting-edge research at DS Laboratories, original Revita shampoo — and now Revita.LT for blond and other light shades — are the most effective shampoos to preserve hair, avoid shedding, and maintain scalp vitality, because they deploy numerous anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antioxidant, and antihormonal agents."

I was really happy they sent me the specific formula for lighter shades of hair!

There is so much literature about this product on both the packaging and the brand's website!

I highlighted a few noteworthy points below:
  • "Unlike common shampoos, Revita contains no sodium laureth sulfate, sodium lauryl sulfate, or other cheap detergents that inflame scalp tissue. Instead, it deploys natural cleansers; ingredients to reduce inflammation, fungus, and dihydrotestosterone (DHT); and compounds to boost hydration, nutrition, and protein."
  • "Revita should be the shampoo component of anyone's program to arrest hair loss and support regrowth."

Take a look at all the primary ingredients on the package listed:


I was really excited to see Biotin, as it is a B vitamin that is widely known to help promote hair growth. I also had a feeling this product would be a success when I saw MSM, Caffeine and some Amino Acids listed as well. Aminio Acids are the building blocks of protein and protein is mainly what our hair is made up of.

The directions say to use this shampoo at least five times a week and leave it on the scalp for 3 to 5 minutes. I can do the 3-5 minutes part but use it 5 times a week???? I don't even wet my hair 5 times a week so sorry to say, but that isn't happening for me. However, I have been using it on all my wash days and still notice beneficial results.

The shampoo has a pleasant, slightly sweet smell to it. It is not strong or over powerful.The consistency feels rich and though there are no harsh sulfates, it does product a nice lather. The shampoo left my hair feeling very clean but not super moisturized. That being said, it also did not leave my hair feeling stripped and super dry- but I definitely knew I had to follow up with conditioner.

trying to show shampoo consistency
It's not magic, the shampoo didn't make my hair grow super long super quickly in the few weeks I have been using it so far but I didn't expect it to (again- it is not magic) I do feel since using it consistently my new growth is growing in healthy, soft and shiny. Lately I also notice significantly less breakage and shedding which is awesome as well. I plan on using up the 2 bottles I have of this shampoo and will report back later on with updates. I look forward to the ingredients in here helping my hair grow in a healthy matter.


If you want lots and lots more information on this shampoo, check out the brand's website here. And you can find it to purcahse at Ricky's NYC stores or their website here.

disclaimer: product sent to me for review consideration. No monetary compensation was received. All opinions are my own and honest thoughts, as always.

<3 Diane


No comments

Back to Top