Allure Beauty Box July 2015 #thebeautybox

I have been a subscriber of the Allure Beauty box for a few months now. This is the first month they are no longer associated with beautybar.com. For around $15, you receive at least five deluxe-size product samples from major brands and innovative newcomers that Allure editors deem the best of the best. Plus, you'll also get a special-edition "mini magazine" chock full of the most trusted product reviews you've come to expect from Allure. This July 2015 box is one of the best beauty subscription boxes I EVER received! I am so happy with everything in it! Read on for more.

Truthfully, I was getting very close to cancelling this subscription. I do like it, but month to month it has been very hit or miss for me and I am still out of work. But I am SO GLAD I did not cancel! I really am excited about every single item in this month's box- that almost never happens with subscriptions!!!!

There was an advertisement of a free gift with purchase from Estee Lauder at Bloomingdales:

This is the mini magazine that comes with each box that gives great, detailed information about all the products inside. I took a picture of one page to show an example:
cover of mini mag

mini magazine product information example
And now onto the products...


Estee Lauder Sumptuous Infinite Daring Length & Volume Mascara in Black
Having super blonde lashes, I am a mascara junkie!  This is a fiber mascara but supposedly they won't get in your eyes like other formulas can. It is supposed to wear for 15 hours. I really like the plastic brush-it reminds me a bit of Benefit's Roller Lash Mascara brush meets the Tarte Lights Camera Flashes (gold tube) These brushes (spoolies) are ones I usually have the most success with so I look forward to trying this out!

Supergoop! Defense Refresh Setting Mist Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF50
I was so excited to see this in here! I have actually been using this product for months and keep meaning to do a seperate blog about it. I'm OBSESSED. This is my very favorite setting spray ever ever ever!!!!! Not only is it a setting spray but it is also mattifying- something my shine prone skin really needs in the Summer and it also has SPF50! How genius is that!? An easy way to reapply sunscreen throughout the day without not only ruining your makeup, but actually refreshing it making it look better! It smells good too- like Rosemary Mint. I love the way this spray leaves my skin looking and knowing I have additional sun protection. This size is very tiny- .5 fl oz, smaller than the travel size I bought for my purse. That's okay because it will make me purse a bit lighter and i can keep refilling it. 

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum Synchronized Complex II
Another Estee Lauder product. I never really tried the brand, mainly because they are not cruelty free and I prefer cruelty free brands. But this eye serum is anti-aging and supposed to fix "every eye issue" including wrinkles, puffiness, dark cicles, dryness and uneveness. I have very bad dark circles and notice fine lines around my eyes so I am going to test this out when I run out of the Dr. Gross Ferulic Acid & Retinol Eye Serum mini I am currently using. If it truly wows me, I'll do a seperate blog about it.

 You have no idea how thrilled I was to not only see three hair products in this box- but three hair products I actually want to use!!!

Oscar Blandi Pronto Invisible Volumizing Dry Shampoo Spray
The 1.4oz size is a great size for being in a beauty box! Because I work out almost every day and only wash my hair 2 to 3 times a week, I really depend on dry shampoo to keep my scalp clean. I have heard of this brand before so I look forward to trying it. This one is supposedly colorless, according to the mini magazine and also is supposed to not leave any sort of residue. I sprayed a little to catch the scent and it smells like sweet lemons.

Bumble & Bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Heat/UV Protective Primer
I actually thought I received a smaller sample of this in a prior Allure box but it turns out that was a different Bumble & Bumble Invisible Oil Product. This1 fl oz is also a nice size for a beauty box (side note: I hate the super small, super cheap, pathetic samples) This is a light spray oil to protect hair from heat and UV damage while adding shine and softness. It has tons of beneficial hair oils inside including grape seed, sweet almond, macadamia nut, coconut, argan and safflower seed! But for those who follow the Curly Girl Method, this also has silicones. I don't use heat to style my hair but I like the idea of the UV protection in here. I am going to throw this in my beach bag to protect my hair and my part from the sun! (ps see my beach bag beauty blog post here) It has a slight sweet and fruity smell. Another product I look forward to using..I feel like I am saying this about every product in this box!

Invisibobble
I literally squeed with excitement when I saw this in my box. My good friend Nora actually sent me one of these a few months ago and it's been a detachable part of my body ever since! I don't want to be without it and I'm thrilled to have not one but THREE MORE SENT IN THIS BOX!!!!!!!! I also learned I can buy them here in the USA! This is an eco friendly, artificial resin hair tie that is truly a miracle. You tie your hair back with it and it leaves no dreaded ponytail dents or bumps whatsoever!! The little box the 3 came in says they are traceless, avoids headaches, no split ends, strong grip and for all hair ties. The strong grip is true- it does not budge and I also don't get headaches. Hey Invisibobble people if by chance you are reading my blog- PLEASE come out with headbands too!!!! As a girl whose hair is prone to ponytail dents, despite my hair being wavy, this is Godsend. Since I don't love my hair right now I have been wearing it tied back a lot.  I LOVE THESE!!!



That is my July 2015 Allure Beauty Box! I hope next month is just as good!

disclaimer: product purchased with my own money. no monetary compensation received. All thoughts are my own and honest opinions, as always.

<3 Diane


No comments

Back to Top