July 2015 Birchbox Review - 2 Boxes!

Wow Birchbox really impressed me this month. From this point on I will be reviewing 2 Birchboxes since my mom gets a subscription as well. She usually takes anti-aging things and lets me keep the rest! =)

If you want to sign up for Birchbox, click here!
Continue reading on to see what I received in my July box!

 Each month you have the option to go with a curated, pre selected box, pick one item for your box or have it a completely surprise. My box I just picked out the color of the lipstick that everyone got- which I loved! What a great idea. I only wear pink lippies so this selection was brilliant so I did not get stuck with another useless red or orange thing I will never touch. For my mom, we selected the curated box because she wanted me to have an extra of the pink lippie. =)

Box boxes are beautiful! Not sure which one is prettier- palm trees or the geometric with the bright pink and blue! Both of these will be reused by me and not used as gift boxes like I usually do with old Birchbox boxes.

BOX #1: Beach & Bright
This was the curated box and the theme was beach and bright.



This box provided some Summer Beauty Essentials


Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in "Bella"
Since I received this in both boxes, I am only reviewing it once. Please see swatches and review below with Box #2.

Juara Radiance Enzyme Scrub
I love using an exfoliating scrub a few times a week. I usually use them prior to masks to really get my skin clean. This one brightens and exfoliates and helps minimize pores for all skin types. I haven't tried it yet but look forward to using it.

Oribe Apres Beach Wave & Shine Spray
I have been wanting to try items from this brand, I heard good things. This spray is supposed to deliver beachy, textures waves and also hydrate Summer hair while boosting shine. It has a pleasant, subtle sweet smell to it and left my day 2 hair shiny and feeling a bit softer. Yay!


 theBalm Balm Desert Bronzer/Blush
No doubt about it, theBalm has some adorable packaging and this is no exception. But since I don't really use powder Bronzers, I'll be passing this one on to a friend.
Supergoop Anti-Aging City Sunscreen Serum SPF30
I really love the Supergoop brand. I keep meaning to do a whole blog post dedicated to them, so I will soon! I have been thrilled to receive quite a few different Supergoop items in various boxes and such lately. I've actually used and loved this product before. It is an ANTIAGING SUNSCREEN SERUM! It blocked UV rays while hydrating skin and preventing future sun damage. This saves a step in the morning since it is an anti-aging serum and sunblock in one (you do wear your SPF 365 days a year- RIGHT?!), it absorbs so quick and feels lightweight on the skin AND it does not break out my acne prone skin. LOVE LOVE LOVE!! I notice across the board with Supergood too the sizes of these samples look so very small, but they are concentrated and really last quite a while!


 BOX # 2: Go Bold

This box also was all about Summer!


 There was an offer from Benefit Cosmetics inside:

I am SUPER HAPPY with not only the fact I received 2 hair products I will actually use but the size of the samples in this month's box are WONDERFUL! 




RUSK Hair Care Heatshift Re-Styling Cream
I like that this is a full 1oz! What a unique product. The card says it has medium hold and is an ultraflexible cream that lets you change up your style without adding product. The actual product itself says to use it with a styling tool and since I don't use heat on my hair I hope when I do use it, it works well without heat too.

Macadamia Professional Weightless Moisture Leave-In Conditioning Mist
Wow!! 3.3oz of product! This is a huge sample for Birchbox. This spray contains nourishing plant oils and is supposed to help detangle and prevent breakage. I really like the smell- it reminds me of burnt sugar. I used this as a refresher on dry day 2 hair and it did leave my hair soft. I was quite impressed because a few months ago I tried the oil treatment, shampoo and conditioner from this brand and did not like them at all, sadly. They just left my hair feeling so dry and frizzy looking. I was happy this product worked nicer for me.

Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Sensitive 
I love peels and masks and skincare! I have used this brand before and always enjoyed what I tried. This is supposed to be an effective but gentle peel with fruit derived acids to exfoliate dead skin. I contains Alpha Hydroxy Acids which my skin likes a lot and help reduce the appearance of lines, wrinkles and hyperpigmentation. I am esepcially happy about helping hyperpigmentation because despite going to the beach with SPF 70, reapplying like crazy and sitting under a hat and umbrella I still get these annoying freckles (aka sun spots) on my nose and I do not like them. I look forward to using it when I use up the masks I am currently using.  I'll do a blog post on my thoughts in the future!

Supergoop Daily Correcting CC Cream SPF 35
This is another Supergoop product- I actually own the full size and love it! It comes in shade fair/light and light/medium, Go figure my skin is between light and medium so I buy both and mix them. The shade in my box is light/medium. This CC Cream protectd against UVA, UVB and infrared-A rays, and also contains Omegas. The coverage of this CC cream is INCREDIBLE. Dare I say it is the only CC cream out there that provides me with just as much full coverage as my beloved It Cosmetics CC Cream!? Yes, this CC Cream truly it THAT good! And the finish is very natural leaning more towards matte, which I also adore. Yay Supergoop!

Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in "Bella"
This is a creamy formula that glides on like a gloss and lasts like a stain. The color is such a gorgeous shade of hot pink which I LOVE!!! It is crazy pigmented and vivid. This really does last and last like they say. One day it lasted through me eating lunch, brushing my teeth, taking a shower and even doing a face mask and rinsing my face again. That's pretty impressive, Stila!! The one con to this is I find it to be incredibly drying to my lips. But the stain lasts so long and color is so pretty, I use a clear balm over it (or sometimes even a lip gloss) and i'm good to go.
swatch:
no flash
flash



So those are the July boxes I received. Super happy with both- I feel like the last few months Birchbox has really stepped up their game with the quality of samples! It makes me soo happy!

So what is Birchbox???
Birchbox is my favorite beauty subscription service. I have tried so many, at one point I think I was subscribed to six of them (!!) but now I just get Birchbox. Why? It's only $10, and though admittedly so, I do occasionally get a dud box, the super awesome rewards program makes up for this misses.

The Birchbox rewards program in a nutshell: when you do reviews of the products they send, you get 10 points. 100 points = $10 in the Birchbox shop which is fully redeemable for full size products! Birchbox also runs sales and extra points offers so if you are a coupon queen like moi, you wait until a promo is going in to cash in your saved up points and have a lovely guilt free haul. Also, any purchase in the Birchbox online shop or SOHO store  gives you points as well.


 If you'd like to sign up for Birchbox, click here!

*signing up through my link gives me 50 Birchbox points at no additional cost to you. Thank you for using my link!


<3 Diane
 
 




1 comment

Back to Top