Day 1 Hair of the Day: Original Moxie Challenge


So my laptop is broken =( I have to wait a week to see my oldest computer genius brother and hope he can fix it. In the mean time, I am blogging from my phone & parents desktop. This was my first wash using all Original Moxie products for the challenge. Read on for more!

If you missed my last post where I explained a bit about this challenge, you can read that here.

Since I was at Tommie's house, he agreed to snap a few quick pictures of me and we went outside for better lighting. My hair is all dry in these pictures too which is nice since my roots are usually a bit wet. I clipped my front section back as always.

I used the following products, all by Original Moxie:

Night Before: Scalp Therapy on scalp. This product is interesting. It has a lot of great ingredients to stimulate hair growth. it was not an oil- it was almost like a liquidy clay. It felt a bit cooling on my scalp as I massaged it in. Emollience through lengths. I love this pre shampoo treatment. It is very moisturizing. I have to go into details next time about it for you guys.

Shampoo: Get Clean No Foam Shampoo. This does not lather at all but I don't mind. it leaves my hair feeling clean and moisturized and smells delicious- like chocolate mint!

Conditioner: Intense Quench Deep Conditioner. I left it in about a half hour or so. This makes detangling so easy and my hair felt extremely, extremely hydrated after!

Stylers: I actually used the same 3 stylers as the last post: Everyday Leave In, Oasis Gel and Twist Mist spray to seal. I wanted to see the difference using them with the Original Moxie shampoo and conditioner as opposed to after a protein treatment. I applied them in section by section again and then had my hair wrapped up in a Curly Tee as I did my skincare.


I noticed my hair air dried quicker than usual. There was a tad bit frizz but it was so incredibly humid outside, nothing short of a miracle would have prevented it. My hair felt super soft and healthy and I liked what it did for my waves.

Day 2 I woke up and my hair was still nice and soft, but my waves were wonky. After I worked out I just put it up in a mini half bun because I was kind of lazy to bother with it. That night I got frustrated with my dead ends and decided to give myself a self trim! It didn't come out super horrendous. I will go into details on that next blog post!
<3 Diane



2 comments

  1. Do you still apply OM products to soaking wet hair? Can you share your method with this line? I am loving Rachel's products too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you still apply OM products to soaking wet hair? Can you share your method with this line? I am loving Rachel's products too!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top