Hair, Makeup & Outfit of the Day ft Lilly Pulitzer

Saturday evening I went down to Seaside Boardwalk with my boyfriend and some friends! We had a great time and I love any excuse to dress up and try to look cute. Before we left, Tommie ever so kindly took some pictures of me in his yard to share. Read on for more!
 
 
OUTFIT
The dress is from Lilly Pulitzer! I only recently discovered this brand a few months ago but I am so obsessed! The prints are all beautiful and bright and they just make me happy wearing them. This is called  the "Monterey Dress" in the print "Capri Pink Samba." I love that my favorite colors- pink and blue are combined and it has a pretty coral reef design. This dress is super comfy but runs quite large. I bought it in an Extra Small (I usually am a small) and it is so flowy I brought it to the tailors to have it brought in a little bit. 
 
My sandals are from Aerosoles. I have been living in them all Summer! So cute and comfy!!

sometimes I stand very weirdly

HAIR
I am still doing the Original Moxie challenge and I can't express just how healthy my hair has been feeling! This is actually Day 3 hair! 

I went to the beach that Thursday and had the Intense Quench Deep Conditioner in my hair while I was in the sun. I washed it after using the Original Moxie Get Fresh Shampoo followed with the Featherweight Conditioner for a few minutes. I will review this Shampoo & Conditioner soon! 

Style wise for wet hair day 1 I used the Shape Shifter Creme followed by the Twist Mist oil spray to seal. I applied products section by section, as always. I meant to take pictures to do a blog post on it but I fell asleep and didn't get to. Bad me!! I LOVE the Shape Shifter- such a versatile product which also deserves it's own post. 

Day 2 I just clipped my hair back and actually didn't use anything in it since i was just in my house and cleaning. I did use the Scalp Therapy on my scalp to refresh it after a work out and to my delight, I really enjoy this product as a dry shampoo alternative! It refreshed my scalp and hair and felt cooling, plus it brought hair growth ingredients to my hair follicles! It also was surprisingly not too oily to leave on my scalp for a couple of days.

For this Day 3 hair, I applied the Everyday Leave In Conditioner in small sections and then brushed it out with my Tangle Teezer early in the day. A couple of hours before these pictures I went back and added in some Luxe Locks Style & Shine Pomade as added frizz and poof protection since I'd be by the Ocean.  

Since the front of my hair shape is really awkward since my self trim, I decided to twist one side back in a little clip. The side I let out I had Ricky's NYC creaseless clips in for hours to stretch out the curls. The bottom of it still didn't want to behave right, it took all my might to not just flat iron the very bottom to be honest- but I am on a strict no heat hair diet!!!
dancing and being silly
 MAKEUP
 My eye shadows are all from the new It Cosmetics Romantics palette! That full review, and exactly what shades I used will be in a blog post really soon- it is such a gorgeous palette!

On my face: It Cosmetics No 50 primer, Mally Beauty Effortless Airbrush foundation (shade Medium) mixed with Tarte Maracuja Foundcealer (shade light), Tarte Amazonian Clay Concealer (shade light), Mally Beauty Under Eye Brightener, Doll 10 Beauty HydraGel blush in shade "Flirt", It Cosmetics Brow Power Brow Pencil, Tarte Multipleye Mascara Primer, Doll 10 Beauty 360 Mascara, a mix I made various finishing powder to finish.

Lip Color: Doll 10 Beauty Color & Care lipstick in shade "Daddy's Girl"

 Well that's all my stuff for this look of the day!
<3 Diane














No comments

Back to Top