SheaMoisture Fruit Fusion Hair Care- First Use/First Impressions

If you read my blog regularly, it is not secret I LOVE SheaMoisture!!! Their products consistently work so well for me. I was beyond excited to see them release the new Ulta exclusive collection, Fruit Fusion! Read on for my first impressions of the new line.

The new Fruit Fusion line is geared towards Fine to Medium hair which is what I have! I have a lot of hair strands, but the strands themselves are fine.

This is what Ulta.com says about the ingredients in the line:
  • Fruit Fusion is a blend of fresh Dragon Fruit, Lychee Berry and Green Apple Extracts infused with coconut water to boost lifeless hair.
  • 100% Pure Coconut Water hydrates and nourishes hair with vitamins and minerals.
  • Imbe Oil is a vitamin rich oil that locks in moisture and protects and hair weightlessly.
On first impressions, so far so good. It smells delicious- sweet, but not overly sweet. I smell a mix of berries and coconut with some apple. Scent wise of this collection vs. the Superfruit, I can't decide which fragrance I enjoy more, I keep going back and forth. I love the smell of fruits so they both are winners for me. This is a lighter fruit scent.

I think it's cool that there is Coconut Water in a hair care line. I love drinking the stuff, so it only makes sense it is good for my hair outside as it is for me to intake. My hair also takes positively to aloe which is a main ingredient as well.

Everything mentioned I only used one time except for the masque which I had prior to getting the whole line and used 3 times so far.

Fruit Fusion Coconut Water Weightless Shampoo
They Say: SheaMoisture's Fruit Fusion Coconut Water Weightless Shampoo is a sulfate-free shampoo that gently cleanses and hydrates hair weightlessly. Certified organic Shea Butter and Coconut Water blend with our proprietary fusion of Dragon Fruit, Lychee Berry and Green Apple Extracts to nourish and energize lifeless hair. Vitamin-rich Imbe Oil blocks humidity to help control frizz while Aloe adds weightless shine.

I Say: This shampoo is clear and though it is sulfate free, I was a bit worried it would strip my hair squeaky clean. It didn't. My hair felt clean and it rinsed smooth while feeling soft. I still felt the need to follow up with conditioner, but that is always to be expected from my hair. It didn't overly lather but it did lather a little which I liked. A nice shampoo! I will be mixing this in soon with the current Anti-Breakage/Superfruit mix I have going on after I use it solo a bit more.





Fruit Fusion Coconut Water Weightless Hair Masque
They Say: SheaMoisture's Fruit Fusion Coconut Water Weightless Hair Masque is a lightweight deep conditioning treatment that instantly hydrates and smoothes while reducing frizz and static. Creates a protective sheathe around each hair cuticle to defend against environmental stressors. Certified organic Shea Butter and Coconut Water blend with our proprietary fusion of Dragon Berry and Green Apple Extracts to nourish and energize lifeless hair. Vitamin-rich Imbe Oil helps block humidity to control frizz while Aloe adds weightless shine. Leaves hair marvelously manageable.

I Say: As mentioned earlier, today was my third time using this masque and I used it alone (side note: if you read my blog you may know I love to just mix all the SheaMoisture masques together since I pretty much like them all) This masque feels thinner in consistency than other ones but spread through my hair no problem. It is not super duper concentrated, but that being said I also don't need to use a ridiculous amount each time to fully saturate my hair. Detangling was really easy while using it. Though it is not as heavy, I think it did a great job at moisturizing my hair. When I rinsed, my hair felt super soft and super smooth. Each time I use this masque I feel my hair feels soft, I notice shine and surprising curl/wave definition! I look forward to trying it with heat or steam soon.

Fruit Fusion Coconut Water Weightless Creme Rinse
They Say: SheaMoisture's Fruit Fusion Coconut Water Weightless Crème Rinse is a lightweight conditioning rinse that softens hair, while revitalizing natural waves and curls that need a boost. Certified organic Shea Butter and Coconut Water blend with our proprietary fusion of Dragon Fruit, Lychee Berry and Green Apple Extracts to nourish and energize lifeless hair. Vitamin-rich Imbe Oil blocks humidity to help control frizz, while Aloe adds weightless shine. Leaves hair touchably soft and shiny.

I Say:  I used this as my leave-in conditioner. It feels creamy but a tad runny, which I guess is why it's called lightweight. I applied it to soaking wet hair once I turned the shower off before using my curly tee to squeeze the excess water out. I really enjoy this as a leave in. I will post more details on the final review of today's wash and go.






Fruit Fusion Hair Mousse
They Say: SheaMoisture's Fruit Fusion Coconut Water Weightless Styling Mousse is a lightweight, silicone-free styling mousse that shapes natural waves and curls while building manageable fullness. Certified organic Shea Butter and Coconut Water blend with our proprietary fusion of Dragon Fruit, Lychee Berry and Green Apple Extracts to nourish and energize lifeless hair. Vitamin-rich Imbe Oil blocks humidity to help control frizz while Aloe adds weightless shine..

I Say: This mousse felt very nourishing, even in my hands and it did not leave my hands feeling sticky like other mousses have. I actual think aside from using on wet hair for hold and definition, this may be nice on day 2 or day 3 hair to help add back in shine and tame frizz. I will report back on that. For my hair personally, I think this may work better layered under a gel or cream as opposed to just on it's own. It has some hold, but not a lot. More details in final review of today's wash and go.




HOW I STYLED
So I cleaned with the shampoo and followed up with the masque, leaving it on about a half hour. I rinsed the mask out and then applied the creme rinse as my leave in. I squeezed out the excess water and proceeded to style. I used the SheaMoisture Anti-Breakage Root Lift on my scalp for the hair growth properties. Section by section I applied the mousse raking it in and then squeezing out more excess water per section. I then used some of the Tahitian Noni & Monoi Glosser to seal everything. I wrapped my hair in my curly tee while doing my skincare and one I took the down I clipped my front wonky sections back like so and allowed it to air dry:
In the pictures, my roots are still slightly wet but I wanted to take pictures before it got very dark to show Day 1 hair. I also apologize for lack of makeup but I had nowhere to go after my shower so I just did my night time routine.

MY THOUGHTS
The two things about this line that impressed me the most are 1) THE SHINE and 2) the definition!!! My hair just looks soo shiny!! Also, lately I have not been over scrunching or doing anything to enhance my definition manually, since I like that when it is stretched out it looks longer, but I feel I have an impressive amount of definition going on thanks to this stuff. My hair also feels extremely soft, which I love!


Something to note is that my hair is not completely frizz free and the line claims to help with frizz. I do notice the most frizz on my ends, but they desperately need a trim so I wouldn't say that the line doesn't help frizz- my virgin, healthy hair does not have a lot of frizz which is nice. This line also does not weigh my hair down at all- personally I wish it did because my hair is a bit more voluminous than I would prefer but if you are someone who loves volume (I am thinking of my friend Sarah right now) I think you'd appreciate that part. As mentioned earlier, I think the mousse would work better for me under a gel or cream since it helps with  shine and definition and then the gel can tackle the volume I don't like and provide extra frizz control. I will report back on that.


Overall my first impressions of the Fruit Fusion line are happy ones. I will continue to use it and mix it with all my other SheaMoisture to see what happens. Stay tuned for updates.

There is also a weightless texture spray out as part of the Fruit Fusion line i have not tried yet. I will review once I use it! I also will be reviewing the Fruit Fusion body line at the end of the month!

If my skin looks more tan than usual it is because I applied the tarte Brazilliance Maracuja Self Tanner! ;)

disclaimer: Some products were sent for review consideration while others were purchased with my own money. No monetary compensation was received for my review. Thoughts expressed are my own and honest opinions, as always.

<3 Diane

1 comment

  1. Yay your hair looks amazing! really soft and healthy!!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top