Hair of the Day 1 & 2- best day 2 hair in so long!!

Hey guys! Sorry I have been a bit missing in action, have been dealing with some things I rather not get into. But I am here now so that is what matters, right!? I am now off the "One Brand Challenge" with all Original Moxie but I find myself still reaching for a lot of their stuff. Read on for more.

Here are some day 1 hair of the Day pictures. They are taken with flash on which is why I look a bit washed out in my face =/


Overnight I slept with an essential oil scalp blend on my scalp and coconut oil through my lengths. The next morning before working out I used the Tweak-d Ulta Nourish Self Cleansing Hair Treatment. Since I am off the one brand challenge, this is back in my routine. I especially like using this on days I can't leave my conditioner on quite as long.

I used the Original Moxie Get Clean Shampoo to cleanse followed by the Intense Quench Deep Conditioner which I left on about a half an hour.

To style, I applied products section by section raking them into my hair after squeezing out excess water with my curly tee. I used the Original Moxie Everyday Leave In Conditioner, Oasis Moisture Gel and Twist Mist Shine Spray. I clipped up the front hairline pieces so they dry stretched out.





DAY 2
I haven't been able to achieve great day 2 hair in MONTHS. Not quite sure why, but it has been a struggle. I finally found a product cocktail that is allowing me to do day 2 hair wearing it down quite comfortably.

I use dry shampoo first on my scalp, especially after I work out. My favorites are the Original Moxie Scalp Therapy and VERB dry shampoo.

Applying products section by section again, I LOVE using the Wen Replenishing Treatment Mist as a refresher! I have quite a few of their scents so I select which one based on my mood. It helps with frizz, adds shine and softness and also brings my hair back to life. After that I apply the Raw Curls Organic Firm Hold Gel section by section. This gel has a jelly like consistency and I find it has the right amount of hold and doesn't leave me crunchy. I usually clip my hairline pieces back again with Ricky's NYC creaseless clips while the products set.

I decided to do a french braid on my left side because that hairline area in particular is extremely wonky and does not look too good down at the moment.

Different room and different lighting. 7 and a half months of root growth! I do not miss sitting at the salon for hours getting my roots dyed!



That's it for now. I need a trim and shaping again. October will be 6 months since my Ouidad cut. Gilt City had a special offer on the Ouidad Salon I was able to grab so I will be going back in October for a trim and shaping.

By the way, if you are a human and read my blog- please drop me a comment. Even if it is just a "hi" I have been getting mainly stupid spam comments lately and it is very frustrating and not really encouraging. Thanks!

<3 Diane

8 comments

  1. I need to try original moxie... never tried any of their products before! Love the french braid on you Diane!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog posts, and I think your hair is gorgeous! :) I am a human, I promise lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL thanks so much! <3 <3 I have been getting so much spam nonsense in my comments lately I feel like they are robots!

      Delete
  3. I miss your videos but I'm glad you're still blogging. I hope you're well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss your videos but I'm glad you're still blogging. I hope you're well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top