Look of the Day: Hair, Makeup & Outfit...Ooops I Used a Flat Iron

I hope you all had a nice Labor Day weekend! We celebrated my Dad's 70th Birthday Friday AND Sunday and it was a lot of fun! Because it was an excuse to dress pretty and go out, I have another "Look of the Day" blog post as a result. Read on for more!



Learning from my last post, I made sure to use an actual camera or higher quality pictures. ;)

OUTFIT
Another dress from Lilly Pulitzer! This is the Palmetto V-Neck T-Shirt Dress in the print "Catwalkin" I got so many nice compliments on this dress! It is very comfy and lightweight. I am in size Small which I liked because I had a bit of room in my torso. I may have been able to fit in the Extra-Small but I don't like wearing things that are too tight.
My dad actually commented how he "loves all the bright, pretty colorful clothing I have been wearing more of lately"- that is something huge because he usually does not notice or pay attention to anything I ever wear!

My shoes are from Aerosoles from a few years ago. They are super comfy and I like that tan color is neutral and matches everything!



HAIR
This was day 2 hair.
I washed the day before with the Original Moxie Get Fresh Shampoo, followed up with the Intense Quench Deep Conditioner. On wet hair I then used the Shape Shifter creme and sealed with the Twist Mist spray. I love that combination.

I knew I wanted to wear my hair half up, half down so I didn't have to fuss over it all night like I would have if it was all down at this annoying length. Early in the day I used some Everyday Leave In, applying it section by section to add moisture back and allowed it to dry. Then when I went to do it half up, half down, I used a tiny bit of the Original Moxie Hair Bling to add shine and frizz control on the bottom section and mini ponytail. To keep the frizzies around my hairline in place, I went in with the VERB Forming Fiber again, like last post. I feel bad I used some non-Original Moxie products on the challenge, but my hair looking good in the pictures was my top priority. I wish Original Moxie made a similar product.

Now here is where I become a big hypocrite. I had to use a flat iron. I haven't touched my flat iron at all since last October but my "Bangs"/"Hairline pieces" that I wanted to leave out are terribly wonky and uncontrollable. I didn't want to set them and then they revert back to bleh a few hours later. Since it was a special occasion, I flat ironed them.

Much to my delight, they actually stayed sleek, glossy, shiny and smooth the whole entire night! In the past whenever I did flat iron, it would always revert back to frizz and poofyness anyway. OF COURSE I used a heat protecting spray before ironing- the Living Proof Restore Protection spray. I set my Chi Flat Iron to 380 degrees and did 2 very quick passes over each side.

I believe I can attribute the fact that the flat ironed pieces behaved so well thanks to the Original Moxie Shape Shifting Creme! I actually asked Rachel, the Original Moxie creator, about this and she said "Yes, that could totally be the Shape Shifter.  It's really good at helping keep hair in whatever shape you desire, whether that's via heat styling or air drying.  It could also just be that your hair is more hydrated and sealed and, therfore, less prone to humidity-based frizz." So Original Moxie products benefit your hair no matter how you want to wear it!



 MAKEUP
Makeup was super similar to my last "Look of the Day" post...

Doll 10 Beauty
-Contour from Cheek to Chic Contour Palette
-Liner on Waterline in shade Navy
-Finishing Touch Pressed Powder

It Cosmetics
-No. 50 primer
-eyeshadows from The Romantics palette
-Brow Power Brow Pencil
-Vitality Blush in "Matte Sweet Apple"

Mally Beauty
-Effortless Airbrush Foundation in shade Medium
-Perfect Prep Undereye Brightener
-Face Defender
-Volumizing Mascara

Tarte
-Amazonian Clay Concealer in shade Light
-CC Eyeshadow primer
-Inner Rim Eye Brightener (lower waterline)

Supergoop Setting Spray

Too Faced Melted Liquid Lipstick in shade "Melted Marshmallow"

You see how my face looks shiny in some of these pictures? It is infuriating. Not only do I use a setting powder AND Mally's face defender, but during my skincase regimen I also use an anti-shine acne product too!! Grrrr

shine shine shine


Thanks for reading!
<3 Diane

No comments

Back to Top