Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector

I have been on the hunt for an amazing mattifying primer for a while. I have used a few in the past and though they are good, never blew me away. When Sephora did their recent VIB Rouge 20% off sale I decided to pick up the Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector since I heard great things about the product and the brand. Continue reading to see my thoughts on it!

I have never tried anything from Becca before but constantly hear people rave about them. Truth be told, I have a handful of cosmetics brands I adore and I don't often shy away from them.

Having combination shine prone skin has been driving me crazy. But I think it is partially what is keeping my skin looking young so I suppose I shouldn't complain too much?

So this is what Sephora.com says about the product:
"What it is:
A targeted oil-control primer that perfects and minimizes pores for mattified skin that lasts up to 12 hours.
What it does:
Go beyond extending makeup wear to address the root cause of why your makeup moves. This formula specifically targets oil-prone areas and acts as liquid blotting paper to leave your skin fresh and matte all day. Use alone, before, or after foundation to control excess oil, while minimizing the appearance of pores. Feel free to use throughout the day to touch up areas of concern.
What else you need to know:
This product eliminates excess oil for long-lasting matte skin. The formula is sweat- and humidity-resistant and free of silicone, oil, alcohol, and fragrance."


I'm pretty meh about it to be honest. I have been using it a month or so, and will use it all up but I don't have any intentions on repurchasing and I definitely don't love it (sorry Becca)
this is all you need for your whole face
 The Good:
-It does indeed seem to mattify my skin pretty well most days.
-It does not break me out.
-It is completely silicone free. Sometimes, silicones in skin care and cosmetics can cause me to break out.
-Aside from mattifying, it also disguises some pores.
-You only need a teeny tiny amount so even though it is pricey, the tube will last.
-It is clear so you can wear it alone for a shine free finish on no makeup days if you wanted.

The Not So Good:
-This product has parabens! It's 2015, almost 2016 I don't understand how or why.
-I wouldn't rate the product poorly for this, because it is just something personal I prefer. But there really are no beneficial skincare ingredients in here. I've gotten to the point I want my makeup to double task and while it does it's cosmetic job, I want my skin to also be benefiting from it somehow too.
-This product balls up REALLY easily. You have to wait until all of your skincare underneath is COMPLETELY dry or it will ball up. If you don't let this product set completely before applying more makeup on top, it will ball up and if you use too much product, it will also ball up. Perhaps I am just impatient but I don't have all those minutes before and after to let me face set in between product application most mornings.
not blended out

If you do use this, you want to pat the product gently into your skin as opposed to rubbing it around. Because rubbing it does cause it to ball up.

I'm sorry to say, I'm just not impressed by this primer. I'll be revisiting some other mattifying primers and also have my eye on one or two more to try so I will keep you updated.


<3 Diane

No comments

Back to Top