Christmas Eve Hair & Makeup of the Day

I hope everyone had a great Christmas! My family always celebrates Christmas Eve so much more than Christmas Day and I thought I would do a blog post talking about my look for the night! Christmas Eve was unusually warm- 70 degrees! I didn't mind that but it was also super, super humid and misty raining so that posed some unexpected hair challenges for the night. Read on for more.

The necklace I am wearing was one of my Christmas gifts from Tommie. I absolutely adore it! It is an Angel Crystal Aura heart from the Etsy shop Whimsical Stone that you can shop here.

The first picture and the one below this were both taken with no flash. I have discovered snapping selfies under the overpasses on the Garden State Parkway produces incredible lighting. Just figured I'd share that in case you are in Jersey and want a great selfie. LOL
MAKEUP
Makeup wise, I stepped out of my comfort zone and went with a red lip instead of my usual pink or berry! It was actually Tommie's idea! He said it's Christmas, I was wearing red pants and I should try a red lip.

I used one of the Doll 10 beauty double ended lipstick/lipglosses in the shade "In the Spotlight" It's the only red lipstick I own to be honest. But it is long wearing, moisturizes my lips and smells like doughnuts. Plus since it is cool toned and blue based, it does not make my teeth look yellow like some reds can.

As for the rest of my makeup, this is what I wore:
face:
  • It Cosmetics No 50 Primer Serum
  • Tarte Amazonian Clay Mousse Foundation- shade light
  • It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye Corrector in Light
  • It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye Concealer in Neutral Medium
  • Mally Beauty Perfect Prep Eye Brightener ("Sunshine in a jar")
  • Tarte Slenderizer Contour Stick
  • Josie Maran Cosmetics Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee in Vacay Rose
  • Mally Beauty Face Defender (original)
  • Supergoop Defense Refresh Setting Mist SPF 50
eyes: 
  • Tarte Cosmetics CC Eyeshadow Primer
  • It Cosmetics Liner Love in black (top & bottom waterlines)
  • Mally Beauty Volumizing Mascara
  • It Cosmetics Brow Power Skinny Pencil in Warm Blonde
  • Tarte Cosmetics tartelette 2 Shadows: "charmer" under brow, "smokeshow" in crease, mix of "charmer" & "flowerchild" on lid
Regarding my eyelashs- my grandma will be 97 next week, she doesn't have the best vision and SHE COMPLIMENTED MY LASHES!!! She said how beautiful and long they looked. I was shocked, amazed and super happy.

HAIR
This was day 2 hair.
Day 1 (wash day) I used the Tweak-d Restore Self Cleansing Hair Treatment for 10 minutes, then shampoos from a brand i will no longer mention. I then left the Masque on for about a half hour.
To style I used the Leave-In Conditioner, Taffy and  Oil applying them section by sections and allowed my hair to air dry.

For Day 2, as mentioned earlier we had unexpected super humidity to deal with. I didn't want to chance my hair getting too frizzy and puffy in pictures so I used A LOT of styling product for my hair to hold up, and it did!!...it kind of looks a tad producty, but it actually felt really soft and I rather it be a bit on the producty side than puffy frizz.
I applied some more  Oil, Ouidad Clear Control Styling Pomade (mainly to my ends) and finished with a nice long spray of the l hairspray.

I didn't necessarily over scrunch my hair or aim to get it to be so curly...that was pretty much thanks to the humidity.
  Here is my boyfriend, Tommie and I before we went to my brother's house for Christmas Eve. Those Red Pants are SUPER comfortable! They are "Slinky Brand" from HSN. I got them a few years ago. My shirt is from NY&CO and it this point may be 10 years old. heh.


<3 Diane




2 comments

Back to Top