Besame Cosmetics Vanilla Brightening Face Powder

I have had this powder a long time. Possibly over a year at this point. I played with it when I first got it and it wound up in a draw but I recently decided to play again and I am so glad I did! The Besame Cosmetics Vanilla Brightening Face Powder is really a lovely product! Read on for more!


So I bought this product based on two ridiculous reasons: 1) It smells really good, like vanilla, and 2) the packaging is beautiful. Like I said, ridiculous. Why should how a powder smells matter? LOL The packaging makes more sense to me being intrigued. It is very vintage looking and the brand itself is based on Old Hollywood and Vintage style makeup which I adore. Super cute.
 Anyway, this is a loose powder and I hate loose powders. That doesn't change. 110% wish this was pressed instead. I just always make a mess with the loose stuff. Even so, there is no denying the actual powder itself works so well.
This comes in 3 shades and I went with "Vanilla" because it is for light to medium skin tones and is supposed to color correct and help with redness.


The Vanilla scent is nice and subtle and also does not linger.
Here is what Sephora.com says about it:
A translucent matte face powder that color corrects all skin tones, sets makeup, brightens, and subtly highlights the complexion without shimmer.
Use this gentle powder to absorb oil and create a matte finish during the day. The formula features vitamin C, squalane, and lecithin to soothe and hydrate, and allows for continuous application without powder build up. It is also effective as a highlighting powder to brighten without shine and naturalize the skin tone. Formulated WITHOUT Parabens, Sulfates and Phthalates.This product is cruelty-free, hypoallergenic, and formulated for those with sensitive skin. It is made in the USA. 


I apply this as my next to last step in complexion makeup regimen. My last step is always setting spray. I like using a damp Beauty Blender to gently press it into my skin. I've been ALL ABOUT the damp Beauty blender for makeup application lately. What a magical little egg. Once i use it and my setting spray I take the little puff that is included and blend everything a bit more.

I think this powder does an excellent job with mattifying my combination, shine prone skin while brightening it. It helps to even out my skin and hide some redness I do have in my cheeks. It has played well nicely with some favorite foundations from It Cosmetics, Tarte, Doll 10 & Mally over the months. However, there are certain concealers I realized it does not play as nice with- so it is about some trial and error.

If it is a makeup free day, I can get away with just dusting some of this with a makeup brush over my bare face and it helps even things out and mattify a bit.
 

I also can use this right up into my undereye area over my concealer and undereye products and it doesn't cake up over everything or settle into my eye lines. The yellow tint also adds some correcting to conceal my dark dark dark circles a bit more. It makes a nice under the eyebrow highlight shade too.

As much as I really enjoy this, truth be told, I am unsure if I will repurchase. The jar is pretty small (0.21 oz) and as I mentioned earlier, I am just not a fan of loose powder. There are other pressed powders I also like a lot out there. But if they make a pressed version, I will buy it in a heart beat.


<3 Diane

1 comment

  1. I was curious about this, I've given it as gifts but never actually tried it. I love that you said it has a nice vanilla scent, I think I'll give it a try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top