Mally Beauty H3 Gel Lipstick & Lipgloss

Today I have reviews and swatches of 2 sets from Mally Beauty: The H3 Gel Lipstick Trio and H3 Full Lips Lip Serum Lip Gloss trio! Mally makes some incredible lippies so I was excited to play with these!! Continue reading for more.

"H3" in both product names stands for "Hydration, Hydration, Hydration" so not only are you getting pretty pigmented lip products, they are also doing something nice for your lips! With the cold winter air, my lips are so prone to chapping so I need hydration in my lip products this time of year especially.




H3 Full Lips Lip Serum Gloss
The H3 Full Lips Lip Serum Lip Gloss Trio I actually received from "Santa" this past Christmas since it was on my wishlist! I believe it debuted sometime in late October and at the time I am writing this blog, the set is still on QVC.com here. You can also pick up multiple shades of this product individually on Ulta.com.
no flash

flash
Here is what QVC.com says about the lip gloss:
"This weightless high-shine gloss gives lips a moisturized, smooth, long-lasting, patent finish. For women who want a high-shine lip product without having to sacrifice moisture and hydration.
Why is it different: H3 Lip Gloss was created to hydrate and treat those luscious lips of yours every time you apply. This lip gloss will become your new go-to."

Colors:
Pink Daisy- a perfect light, soft pink
Orchid Berry- beautiful pinky berry
Shimmering Nude- to me this looks a bit brown based. the only color of the 3 with shimmer. i like this worm over other pink or berry lipsticks better than alone color wise

no flash
flash
I first saw this formula in a Mally set on QVC earlier in 2015 in a different color so I was thrilled to see new shades. This is almost everything I could possible want in a lip gloss formula. I say almost because the colors do not stain and are not long lasting, but they don't claim to be so that's okay! But these glosses are creamy, are not sticky or tacky, they do not goop up, they have great pigmentation, a high amount of shine and feel so smooth on my lips. I do feel they help to moisturize my dry lips quite nicely and I also think they help hide the fine lines in my lips I have from drinking out of straws my whole life. The doe foot applicator is also very easy to use. 
shimmering nude
shimmering nude
orchid berry
orchid berry
pink daisy
pink daisy

H3 Gel Lipsticks
The H3 Gel Lipstick trio was a One Time Only value on QVC the end of December 2015. At time of writing this blog, it is still on the site here. I was getting nervous with these because they took way longer they should have to arrive and the USPS didn't update my tracking in over a week. I thought I would be filing a complaint of lost item with QVC, but then one day randomly over a week later they were finally at my door step.The other odd thing was one of the lipsticks in the set didn't have the cap securely on when they arrives. Thankfully, the lipstick didn't dry out as a result or I would not have been happy.

no flash
flash
Here is what QVC.com says about the lipsticks:
"Hydration is key, especially when it comes to your lips! Introducing Mally's brand new gel-infused H3 Gel Lipstick. The H3 Lipstick is a gel-based lipstick rather than wax-based. So, what's the big deal? The gel-infused lipstick glides on effortlessly, adding hydration and leaving your lips feeling soft and smooth. That results in a flawless pout that doesn't disappoint.
ho is it for: Women who want a soft, supple pout without sacrificing hydration.

Why is it different: H3 Gel Lipstick is Mally's most innovative formula yet. This gel-based lipstick will leave your lips feeling soft, smooth, and hydrated!"

Colors:
Soft Pink- a perfect light, soft pink
Orchid- beautiful pinky berry
Mauve- another berry, darker than orchid with more of a red undertone

no flash
flash

These lipsticks are SO COOL and innovative! I am crazy about them. The first thing I will say is, APPLY THEM ON CLEAN, DRY LIPS. If you don't they may not go on properly. So follow the directions. Also, when putting the cap back on make sure you hear it click so you know it is on securely. These lipsticks apply smoothly and one pass is enough for full on color. I don't find these to be quite as hydrating as the glosses. In fact, once they dry I do like to use a clear balm or a gloss over them. That being said the lipsticks are extremely pigmented with a subtle shiny finish. They do not feather or bleed outside my lips. The actual shape of these lipsticks are so unique and I have never seen anything like it. They are shaped almost like a gem with flat sides and a pointy top. This is done so you can line your lips with the pointy side and fill them in with the bigger, flat sides and it works wonderfully. During the presentation, Mally said that the color does fade but leaves behind a subtle stain. I agree with that and the subtle stain lasts for a few hours on me so the staying power is great. A nice lipstick trio with beautiful, cool toned colors.



soft pink
soft pink
orchid
orchid

mauve
mauve

Also worth nothing is if you noticed my descriptions of the lip glosses and lipsticks, they are super similar, if not exact. I do find the shades to be almost identical to each other and though you don't necessarily have to, it makes pairing up each gloss with a lipstick easy and fool proof.

Below I am wearing the Soft Pink lipstick with the Pink Daisy gloss on top and I absolutely LOVE this combo!!



<3 Diane

No comments

Back to Top