Glam Glow GravityMud Firming Treatment


Glam Glow GravityMud Firming Treatment is a new masque that is said to firm and tighten the skin instantly. This brand is not cheap, and I was skeptical of of paying $69 for a 1.4oz jar of product, so I went to Sephora and the kind sales associate made me up a few samples so I can test it out prior to buying. Read on for my one time use thoughts!

This kind of masque is meant to be peeled off. When I first applied it, it was white but once it dried completely it turned into the coolest metallic silver! I followed the directions on Sephora.com and let it dry for a half hour. Having used other peel off masks in the past, I made sure to use enough product so I would be able to grip it easy to peel off.

The scent reminded me of Coconut Pineapple Tropicalness. It wasn't too bad but a tad strong.

Here are some of the active ingredients from the masque from Sephora.com:
"-Vizitight with a Firming Matrix and Marine Algae Plasma and BioDefine Polymers.: Provide tighter-feeling skin.
-Lunarlift with Soy Isoflavone Liposome and Red Algae Extract: Help skin feel tighter and more toned.
-Cosmiplexion with Icelandic Kelp, Hyaluronic Acid, and Mineral-Rich Glacial Clay: Help skin feel younger and more resilient.
-TEAOXI® Complex with Marshmallow and Licorice Leaf: Help skin look and feel firmer."



As the mask dried, I felt it firming up on my face. It became harder and harder to move my mouth. When I went to peel it off, it came off easily enough in a few pieces. Only a few pieces on the edges stuck and I used a warm washcloth to remove them.

Since the Glam Glow Supermud Treatment is one of my very favorite clay masques for battling acne and I also enjoying using the Brightmud Eye Treatment that I recently found half off at TJ Maxx, I had high hopes for this masque as well. Sadly, I was left less than wowed by my results.
When I removed the masque, my skin did feel soft and looked a little more even toned, but it wasn't magically firmer and lifted as I hoped it would be. Part of me wonders, since I use my NuFace facial toning device quite often (which is amazing and I can't suggest enough!!) if maybe my face just is as firm as it is going to get for now.

So as I mentioned, the results were nice, but not amazing enough to where I can justify myself spending the $69 on a small jar of product.

<3 Diane

No comments

Back to Top