Hair of the Day with new Shea Moisture and more

I have been enjoying playing with some of the recent new Shea Moisture products. Here are some "hair of the day" pictures from Saturday using a few of them and more! Read on to continue.
 Pre Shampoo Treatment:
Tweak-d Rare Harvest Tribal Chocolate Self Cleansing Treatment. Left in my hair about 10 minutes.

Shampoo:
from a brand I will no longer mention.


Conditioner:
a conditioner from a brand i won't mention mixed with Carol's Daughter Mirabelle Plum Masque, left in about a half hour.

Styling:
a leave Leave In Conditioner, SheaMoisture Omega 3, 6, 9 Rescue & Repair Curl Defining Smoothie, SheaMoisture Mongongo & Hemp Seed Oils High Porosity Moisture-Seal Elixir.

I did my usual post shower styling routine- squeezing excess water out of my hair then applying each product raking them through section by section. I used Ricky's NYC creaseless clips to stretch out the hairline and let me hair air dry.

Once dry I used a little bit of a hair taffy from a brand I will no longer mention on my ends to help conceal the split ends I desperately need to get trimmed and ran a little more of the SheaMoisture High Porosity Elixir through my lengths for added shine.




So far I really like the new SheaMoisture Omega Curl Defining Smoothie a lot. It gives me soft hold and shine and is so easy to work with. It is not sticky or tacky at all.

The Mongongo and Hemp Seed Oils High Porosity Moisture-Sea Elixir added great shine and made my hair look smoother. I wasn't crazy about the overly perfumed scent (I can't exactly pinpoint the smell which is driving me nuts) but the performance was great. I am excited to try the other items in this line that I picked up and do a full blog post review on them so stay tuned for that! I was excited to see Shea Moisture feature Mongongo Oil because Ouidad used to have a Mongongo Oil spray in their discontinued Salon Series line and it was so good (side note: seriously, why did Ouidad discontinue that line!? all 4 products were great)



Be sure to follow me on instagram, twitter and snapchat- @dianemary126 on all. =)

<3 Diane






No comments

Back to Top