Hair & Makeup of the Day: Second Day Hair & Side Hairline Braid

I usually don't post on Saturdays, but I felt bad I didn't blog much during the week since I was pretty busy. Yesterday I went to see Fall Out Boy's Sold Out Show at Madison Square Garden with my best friend, Corrine. We've been going to see them for a good 10 years now and started when they were at such smaller venues! It was a great time and for the occasion I had easy second day hair with a side hairline braid. Continue reading for more!.

HAIR
To start the day on Day 1 this is what I used, applying styling products with my usual method.
Pre-Shampoo: Tweak-d Restore Treatment
Shampoo: Shea Moisture High Porosity Co-Wash
Conditioner: Shea Moisture High Porosity Masque
Styling Products: Original Moxie Everyda Leave-In Conditioner, Shea Moisture High Porosity Styling Gel & Finishing Elixir
*I still have 2 other Sea Moisture collections to play with and test out but I love the High Porosity Collection so much I'm having a hard time moving on from it! LOL! You can check out my review of the collection here if you missed it.
 So for day 2 hair after I worked out I used Klorane's Dry Shampoo for my scalp. I then went a little bit product heavy knowing I would be at a concert and dancing (sweating) and didn't want my hair to puff out. I used DevaCurl Styling Cream, Mirror Curls and Flexible-Hold Hair Spray, applying in sections like I do with wet hair.

I then took the left side of my hairline which is super stubborn and don't behave much lately and to the best of my ability, attempted a French Braid. I've gotten a lot better at French Braids than I used to me, but still need more practice
I forgot how much I enjoy DevaCurl's styling product! I've been making an effort to use up stuff in my product junkie stash.  With the Mirror Curls, a little goes a very long way.

I still need to make an appointment for my overdue haircut/trim. I've been saying this for 2 months now. I'm the worst at going for trims.
MAKEUP
Here is all the makeup I am wearing. I used quite a bit of Tarte for this look!
*Details on my eyeshadow look will be coming in a different blog post.

Lips
It Cosmetics Your Lips But Better Lip Liner- "Pretty In Pink"
Tarte Glamazon Pure Performance Lipstick- "Whimsey" (on sale on their website)
Tarte Vitamin Infused Lip Gloss- "Om" (discontinued)

Eyes
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
It Cosmetics Liner Love- black on upper waterline & lid, graphite on lower waterline
Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes Mascara (gold tube)
Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Eyeshadow Palette
Tarte Amazonian Clay Brow Mousse in Taupe

Face
Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Marine Boosting Mist
Tarte BB Primer- shades fair & light mixed together
Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Foundation- shade Light from QVC (not sure what shade that equals)
Tarte CC Undereye Corrector
Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Aquacealer- shade Light
Mally Perfect Prep Under Eye Brightener
Tarte Sculptor Face Slenterizer (for contour)
Mally Beauty Effortless Airbrush Blush
Mally Beauty Poreless Face Defender


<3 Diane


No comments

Back to Top