Lush Cosmetics Fresh Cupcake Mask

I love going into Lush Cosmetics and playing around, but sadly there isn't a shop super close to me so I don't get to play too often. The other sad part of not having a Lush too close is I can't buy my beloved Lush Cupcake Mask as often as I want to since it must stay refridgerated due to the fresh ingredients and can't be ordered on the website. Read on for more.


The Cupcake Mask is part of Lush's "Fresh Face Masks" with minimal, if any, preservatives so as mentioned before, they must stay refridgerated. Cupcake is designed for oily and break out prone skin and my skin is combination and lately I've been breaking out so bad so I'll try anything to help it. Using Cupcake Mask once a week lately, plus new other new skincare (blog on that soon) has really helped.

Here is what Lush.com says about the mask:
"If you suffer from oily or spotty skin, slather it in this cocoa concoction. With spearmint oil to cool, vanilla absolute to calm redness and Rhassoul mud to deeply cleanse- Cupcake is a sweet savior for young faces. Smothering yourself in chocolate for clearer skin" 
 This mask smells incredible. Yup- it smells like chocolate!! So delicious. I always have to be sure not to lick around my lips, as enticing as it may be.

Part of me is LOLing at the description and how the website says it is made for teenage, young skin yet here I am at 30 getting such great results from it.

This mask definitely helps shrink some existing break outs but does not clear them away completely. It always helps control the shiny parts of my face a bit, even out my skin tone so it looks brighter and leaves me skin feeling so smooth.
This mask can get a little messy. It spreads on thick and can be challenging to apply. I leave it out of the fridge for 10 minutes or so before applying so it isn't solid cold and then warm it on my fingers before spreading all over my face. The best way to remove it for me is to completely soak a wash cloth and massage it off in circular motions, then splashing with cool water before going about the best of my skincare regimen.
At less than $10 a jar, and a jar lasts me quite a few uses, I always make sure to pick one up whenever I happen to be near a Lush Shop. Also, if you save 5 clean Lush jars you can bring them back to any shop to get a fresh face mask, such as Cupcake, for free!!

follow me on social media! @dianemary126 on twitter, instagram and snapchat!

<3 Diane

1 comment

Back to Top