Tarte Cosmetics Tarteist Lip Paints



Hi! I know you may be thinking "Wow Diane, another Tarte blog- Really??" Well, they are one of my favorite ever makeup brands and they've been on fire since the end of last year with releasing newness!! When I buy products and love them, of course I want to tell you about them...so here we are! =D The Tarteist Lip Paints were released around Christmas 2015 and there are roughly around 15 shades, with 1 Sephora exclusive (Fomo) and 2 tarte.com exclusives (Manbun & Cray-Cray) I have four shades. Read on for more.

Here is what tarte.com says about them:
"Paint on pigment to create a tarteist™ lip masterpiece with this full coverage, longwearing liquid lipstick with a lightweight, moussey texture and a non-drying, matte finish. The ultra-pigmented, vegan friendly formula comes in an array of on-trend bold and everyday shades with a custom precision wand that luxuriously glides over lips before drying down to a sophisticated, velvet matte finish."

They come housed in a tube with a doe foot applicator and smell minty, similar to the Lipsurgences. All four colors I have are extremely pigmented with a demi matte finish.

I really enjoy this lippie formula!

Not only do I find the colors to be pigmented, but they tend to disguise the fine lines in my lips I have from drinking out of straws my whole life! The colors I have are Adorbs, Fomo, Selfish and Twerk and while all are long wearing, Adorbs and Twerk left the longest stains for me. 

I really like how though there is some initial transfer when eating or drinking (boyfriend didn't allow the kissing test. booo) the colors still remained on my lips for hours. I also love that these are moisturizing! The first thing I think of when I see matte liquid lippies are "okay but I'll need a balm because they will dry me out" Happily, that is not the case with these!

I do find that I prefer to go in with a lip brush after initially getting the color on my lips with the doe foot applicator. The lip brush allows me more precision around the edges of my lips and I can create more of a cupid's bow than I actually have. Tarte actually has a new lip brush in their Rainforest of the Sea collection I am currently lusting over!

Adorbs
Hot Pink
A perfectly bright, "Diane Pink" shade. My favorite of the four I own.
adorbs


 Fomo
Mauve. A Sephora Exclusive Shade
There is another Mauve shade called TBT and though I haven't seen it in person, looking at online pictures, I believe Fomo is less brown toned and more purple toned. This is a beautiful shade, especially in Winter.

fomo

Selfish
Bright Pink
Another bright pink shade with a bit more coral mixed in and not quite as blue toned as Adorbs.

selfish


Twerk
Fuchsia
Bright pinky-purpley goodness. My second favorite shade.
twerk



Swatches
no flash ... adorbs, fomo, selfish, twerk

flash ... adorbs, fomo, selfish, twerk

If you like high performance, cruelty free makeup without any "icky stuff" inside, or you are just a huge tarte fan like I am, you definitely want a couple of these in your lippie wardrobe!

Did you guys see Tarte recently released a new Tarteist mascara on tarte.com this week???? It looks amazing! Tarte has never let me down in the mascara department (my current favorite is Lights, Camera, Flashes in the gold tube) and I look forward to trying this one! Short, stubbly, blonde lashes make me a mascara junkie!  I'll be reviewing that, along with more new tarte from their new Rainforest of the Sea & Double Duty Beauty collections soon so please subscribe to stay updated!

Be sure to follow me on social media! @dianemary126 on twitter, instagram and snapchat!

<3 Diane
 

No comments

Back to Top