An Unbiased Review of Younique Lip Products (I'm NOT a presenter)

If I had a dollar for every person who approached me online to buy Younique cosmetics, I'd have a nice looking bank account! LOL. Truth be told, most of these girls were so rude and aggressive about it, they turned me off to this brand completely. Then, a few months ago one of my best friends, Kelly, became a presenter, so of course I wanted to a) support my good friend and b) see what this line really was all about! It's important to note right off the bat I am not, nor will I become a presenter (seller) since I love too many makeup brands and I am just completely done with the whole direct marketing. Continue reading for my thoughts about some of their lip products!

One thing I had no idea about with Younique is that their products are nature based backed by scientific research. They actually contain ingredients beneficial to the face! If you know me, you know I love makeup that has skincare inside. If you are a Younique Presenter and don't tell this to people you are approaching (no one before Kelly mentioned this to me) you are seriously doing yourself a disservice.

This is some information I found on their website:
"Younique's cosmetics development processes utilize scientific research to ensure that our products contain high quality ingredients that enrich and nourish the skin. The result is a beautifully efficacious product that is safely compatible with virtually every skin type. 

Younique begins by looking to Mother Nature for the inspiration behind our cosmetics. Our in-house scientific team then formulates a product that honors that inspiration while delivering cutting-edge cosmetics. Our goal is to provide healthy, clean, and pure cosmetics."

Being the lip product junkie I am, I decided to try out their different lippies!!!
I've actually wound up collecting quite a few shades over the months...

I know Younique's big thing is their 3D mascara, but fiber mascaras tend to irritate my eyes and I've been so happy with the mascaras I use, I just didn't have interest right now to be honest.

Stiff Upper Lip Stain
From Younique: "Stiff Upper Lip Lip Stain provides stubborn lip color that won't budge while delivering perfectly tinted, long- lasting color with a smooth matte finish."
I have 2 shades of this. The shade "Skittish" is a beautiful, vibrant hot pink. The shade "Shy" is also a gorgeous pink, but not quite at bright. I LOVE both colors but of course Skittish is my fave. They aren't kidding when they say this color is stubborn! They last hours upon hours on me- through eating, drinking and kisses! The formula itself feels thin and like nothing on the lips. It applies easily with a doe foot applicator. Worn alone, it actually is a tad drying but I put a gloss or balm over it and problem solved. For the amount of wear time this product gives, I don't mind having to apply gloss or balm on top. If I had to say try one lip product from this brand, this formula is it!!!
"Skittish" Upper Lip Stain
"Skittish" Upper Lip Stain

"Shy" Stiff Upper Lip Stain
"Shy" Stiff Upper Lip Stain


Moodstruck Precision Pencil Lip Liner
From Younique: "All eyes will be on your lips after you line up with our long-wearing, waterproof, smudge-proof Precision Pencil that makes your lips pop."

I have the shade "Perky' which is a vibrant fuscia hot pink. (hey, I like what I like) Like the lip stain in "Skittish" I like that these hot pink colors are blue based and not red based, so they make my teeth look whiter. This is not self sharpening, so if you are using it when out and use it to a nub you are kind of stuck unless you also carry a sharpener with you. That being said, this lip liner was also long lasting on my lips but not quite as long as the stiff upper lip stain. It did feather a little bit, but nothing major. It's a nice liner I can use to line my lips and use another color in the middle, or fill in my lips completely and add a gloss on top. 
"Perky" Lip Liner
"Perky" Lip Liner

Moodstruck Opulence Lipstick
From Younique: "Blanket your lips in smooth color that glides on effortlessly, provides full coverage and lasts all day without feathering."
I have 3 of these lipsticks and am eyeing up another one. "Conceited" is a light shimmery neutral pink, "Upscale" is shimmery peachy pink shade and "Ritzy" which is the perfect light, blue toned, baby doll pink!
There are almost 20 colors total of this lipstick total!
"Upscale" Lipstick
"Upscale" Lipstick

"Conceited" Lipstick
"Conceited" Lipstick


"Ritzy" Lipstick
"Ritzy" Lipstick

I really like the packaging of these lipsticks- black, sturdy and elegant.
The formula is very creamy and hydrating. These pigmented lippies last on my lips for quite a while but not super long lasting like the other 2 products. Still, bullet lipsticks are easy enough to re-apply when needed.


Because my friend Kelly is super awesome, she gave me a little sample of the Glorious Face and Eye Primer to try. I didn't use it on my face, but on my eyes, my shadows stayed put all day and looked just as fresh at night as they did when I did my makeup in the morning. I want the full size of this gem after I use up the shadow primer I am currently using. I like that this product have vitamins and antioxidants inside to help my skin.


So overall, so far I really like the Younique products I tried. I learned that though some of the presenters may not be the most professional, I shouldn't judge the products based on that.

It's also worth mentioning Kelly uses their face products (foundation, powder, concealer) and her makeup always looks FLAWLESS. She also recently gave me the foundation, concealer and powder so I will have a blog of those up too soon.

Here is her link if you want to check it out: https://www.youniqueproducts.com/KellyDeNorcia/
<3 Diane



3 comments

  1. Thank you so much for this blog. I've been wanting to try the lip stains but haven't been able to find a non-Younique presenter review. I have the lippie in Upscale and love it! Can't wait to read your review of the other products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You def need to try the lip stains! They are AMAZING! Just have a nice lip balm or gloss on hand to apply over it for moisture, but the color will not budge!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this honest review😊 I am a presenter because I love the products and it's fun, but I refuse to be pushy with people. I share and let people come to me.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top