Hair of the Day- Days 1 & 2 featuring MCJW Beauty Culture and more!

I am so beyond impressed with the Madam C.J. Walker Beauty Culture products I have been playing around with! They are a Sephora exclusive line so if you have your 15% off VIB promotion code that is good until April 13th, they're definitely worth checking out! I have two more hair of the days featuring them and a product sent to me by Influenster, so continue on!

If you missed my "Hair of the Day" post where I went into detail about the MCJW Beauty Culture Butter Creme, check that out here .


DAY 1
So this day 1 hair was a lot different than usual. I wasn't planning on washing my hair, but sweating more than usual in my work out left me no choice. So I didn't use any kind of overnight or pre poo treatment like usual. Even more off my regular routine, since I was a bit short on time I decided to use the L'Oreal EverCurl Cleansing Balm that Influenster kindly provided me with to test out. This is a 6 in 1 product that is supposed to cleanse, condition, treat, detangle, soften and add shine with no stripping, drying or build up. I will give it a full review by itself and when I use it more (I only used it once prior) But what was unique with this wash day was that 9 out of 10 times, even if I use an "all in 1 balm" or co-wash to cleanse, I'll ALWAYS follow with conditioner or a mask...but I DIDN'T! I just used the Cleansing Balm, left it in while I did my other shower stuff for about 5 minutes like the directions said to, rinsed and continued on.

I was surprised when I rinsed out the L'Oreal EverCurl Cleansing Balm my hair felt moisturized, tangle free and so soft. Wow, maybe I don't always need to reach for something separate if I'm short on time.
To style, I used the same exact combo as I did last wash day- The MCJW Beauty Culture Butter Creme and sealed with the SheaMoisture Mongongo & Hemp Seed Oils High Porosity Elixir.

Just to recap, I used THREE PRODUCTS TOTAL for this wash and go. THREE! TOTAL!!! This is crazy for me and if you've been following me blog (Thank you!) I bet you were thinking that too. Of course by crazy, it is because I never use such a small amount of products!

As usual, I applied the products section by section in 6 total sections, raking them through and then clipping the hairline pieces back to stretch them out to air dry.

I'm still blown away with how using the MCJW Beauty Culture Butter Creme allows me to skin leave in conditioner and what a nice creme it is.

Overall my hair was soft, shiny and nicely defined. I did have minimal frizz, especially towards the ends- that could very well be because I didn't go in with a separate conditioner or mask after cleansing, or for not using a pre poo like I usually do before wash day. ::shrugs:: Still, by no means do I think this is a bad hair day!

That was also a makeup free day, as you can clearly see in the pictures. I'm relieved my adult acne decided to calm down again, finally.

DAY 2 
So this is where I went in to try 2 more new Madam C.J. Walker Beauty Culture Products: Coconut & Moringa Oils Curl Refresher Mist and Scent & Shine Basscia Seed Oil.

I'm going to talk about my hair day and then give the detailed info about the products.

I REALLY liked my Day 2 hair! I used the Refresher Mist, applying it section by section (total 6 sections) and then used a half pump of the oil targeted towards the ends mainly on each section.

I think my day 2 waves were well defined like day 1, my hair still felt so soft, I had even shine and it even fixed that frizz problem I wasn't thrilled with on Day 1.

One thing about my hair which has nothing to do with products, the ends are still not completely even due to the fact the over a year old bleach damage has still left me with shorter pieces that are growing out. I'm not willing to cut my hair shorter than it is as of now, so I have to deal with it. If you look closely you may be able to notice, but it drives me insane. I'll be so happy when the body of my hair is all one length again.

Okay, now back to the new products

Coconut & Moringa Oils Curl Refresher Mist
A refreshing, shine-boosting mist to revive flat waves and curls by delivering essential moisture.


From Sephora.com:
"In between washes, dry hair may need a boost of moisture to maintain smooth styles. Revive flat waves and curls with moisture with this refreshing, shine-boosting mist. Dual encapsulation technology ensures a frizz-free finish as tiny microspheres deliver moisturizing coconut oil and humidity-blocking moringa oil right where your hair needs it most. Time-release actives help control frizz and extend your wavy or curly style. Formulated without Parabens, Sulfates and Phthalates."

I actually used this mist a couple weeks ago too and each time I've tried it, I so happy with my results.

First off, the scent is incredible. My favorite of all three products I have so far by MCJW Beauty Culture. It's described as "Woods, Coconut and Sweet Vanilla". To me, it is a fresh take on a Vanilla scent. It kind of reminds me of a Vanilla Milkshake- still gourmand, but not quite as sweet. Being that my nose is finicky about Coconut, I'm happy to say the Coconut in here is not prominent at all to me and mixes in with the fragrance wonderfully.

This spray does what the bottle says by "Reactivating and Redefining" I had defined waves on Day 2 here and even on Day 3 and 4 (!!) when I tested it prior. It infuses moisture into my hair daily, helps with frizz, and leave my hair soft. This is everything I could possibly want in a refreshing spray, including the wonderful scent. One other plus is that this stuff is pretty concentrated, so I don't need to spray a lot to get my desired results.


Scent & Shine Brassica Seed Oil

From Sephora.com:
"A hair oil that smooths and moisturizes while adding incredible shine. A natural alternative to silicone, Scent & Shine Brassica Seed Oil smooths, silkens, and moisturizes while creating beautiful luster. It features a tempting blend of spun sugar and red velvet cream, and leaves hair nourished and restored. Formulated without Parabens, Sulfates and Phthalates."

There are many things about this product that are excellent and one that is not so much...the scent! I'm so sorry to say it, because nearly everything I experienced using the MCJW Beauty Culture products has been positive, but I have to be honest. Sephora.com says it smells like "spun sugar and red velvet cream." This is going to sound crazy, but to me it smells like brick oven thin crust pizza! (Yes, that specific). I actually don't find the scent bad, just not what I was expecting based on how it was described. I wanted additional opinions on the scent and without telling them what I thought, my friend Kelly said "It smells like an egg roll" and my boyfriend, Tommie, just did not like how it smelled at all. That being sad, the smell didn't seem to linger on me after initial application.

Product performance wise, this oil is sooo good! It is a silicone free oil and absorbs into my hair almost instantly. I have not tried it on wet hair yet, but I plan to. On dry hair it adds shine, helps with frizz and I like knowing the actual oil is moisturizing and treating my hair. It is not sticky or producty feeling at all- I usually rub the excess into my hands and don't even wash so my hands can be treated nicely too. A little of this oil goes a very long way.
 

If you want to know more about Madam C.J. Walker Beauty Culture, maybe sure you are subscribed to my blog for my post and follow them on twitter @MCJWBeauty and instagram @MadamCJWalkerBeauty


Follow me on social media! @dianemary126 on twitter, instagram and snapchat!

<3 Diane



No comments

Back to Top