Hair of the Day & First Impression: Madam C.J. Walker Beauty Culture Butter Creme (with some Shea Moisture)

This was a day 1 hair of the day! I will list everything used in my blog of course, but the main focus was I tried out a new product by a brand new brand and I'm super excited! Read on for more about my look and Madam C.J. Walker Beauty Culture!
So this is everything I used for my wash day:

  • Pre-Shampoo: Coconut Oil and self made scalp oil blend overnight and then Tweak-d Restore Self Cleansing Treatment while I worked out before showering.
  • Shampoo: Shea Moisture Shampoos* (I mixed 5 different formulas in the same bottle and shake them up to get benefits from all of them)
  • Conditioner: Shea Moisture Masques* (Same as shampoo, it is a mix of 5 different formulas since I love Shea Moisture and sometimes get indecisive about which to use specifically. please tell me I am not the only one who does this)
  • Stylers: Madan C.J. Walker Beauty Culture Jamaican Black Castor & Murumuru Oils Defining Butter Crème (that's one product but a long name!) and Shea Moisture Mongongo & Hemp Seed Oil High Porosity Finishing Elixir
Same styling application as I always do. I gently squeeze the excess water out of my hair with my Curly Tee, and apply my styling products section by section, raking them through then air drying while clipping the hairline back with Ricky's NYC Creaseless Clips!
hair still pretty wet and hairline clipped back to dry
What was unique about today's wash day was I tried a new product from Madam C.J. Walker Beauty Culture and because of the description of the product I decided to NOT use leave-in conditioner with it and my results turned out really well!!

Madam C.J. Walker Beauty Culture is a brand new brand exclusive to Sephora. They are owned by Sundial, which is the same parent brand who own Shea Moisture and Nubian Heritage. As soon as I heard out about this brand I was super excited to try them and the brand was kind enough to send me over three products- so expect more reviews! I'm also eyeing up a couple products I may get during Sephora's VIB Sale next week. ;)

Sephora.com says this about the brand:
"Madam C.J. Walker Beauty Culture is reimagined for modern women and their specific hair needs. Reformulated with high-quality, natural ingredients, these performance-driven products inspire and empower women to be unapologenic to the expression of their hair individual beauty."

I am going to have a more in-depth, detailed review of the Madam C.J. Walker Beauty Culture products I have coming soon, but this is a first impressions on their curl creme and I really like it so far!

The Madam C.J. Walker Beauty Culture line has 4 "sub brands" based on your desired result and hair needs. The Jamaican Black Castor & Murumuru collection, which is what this creme is part of, is made to "maximize moisture and add definition to curls and curls with intense hydration."

Jamaican Black Castor & Murumuru Oils Defining Butter Crème


I love the smell of this product! It is described as an "Amber Musk" and I agree. It is a yummy, warm, gourmand scent that smells practically edible, yet sophisticated and not overly sweet.
 
So I decided to skip my leave-in conditioner while using this product because of all the description about maximizing moisture with intense hydration. This was a smart move on my part since this Butter Creme truly is moisturizing! It is pretty thick, yet still easily comes out of the squeeze tube. A little goes a long way, I used about a nickel size amount per section of my hair (6 sections total).

I followed up by sealing my hair with my Shea Moisture Mongongo & Hemp Seed Oil High Porosity Finishing Elixir. I have been using this product to seal my hair consistantly for a while now and I just loves the extra shine and frizz control it gives to my hair. I also can apply it to day 2 or 3 hair is my hair needs a bit extra shine. This is another product where a little will take you far. There have been times I've sprayed too much of it and my hair looked a bit greasy as a result!

Here is something I find interesting...I never was able to overdue product or have my hair wind up being greasy when it was full of bleach and color, but almost 15 months of virgin hair and I find myself having to be less heavy handed or it happens now!!! Crazy just how much chemicals, bleach and bad dye can mess with our manes.

So overall, today's hair of the day was a good one. Using the new creme from Madam C.J. Walker Beauty Culture left my with defined, shiny, very soft and frizz free curly waves and let me skip the step of leave-in conditioner!

If you want to know more about Madam C.J. Walker Beauty Culture, maybe sure you are subscribed to my blog for my post and follow them on twitter @MCJWBeauty and instagram @MadamCJWalkerBeauty

Follow me on social media! @dianemary126 on twitter, instagram and snapchat!

<3 Diane









No comments

Back to Top